Camper Toolkit

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:32 pm

:o NICENICENICENICENICE!

I want a red one...... :cry: And a bag to go with too. You sure got a winner Becca! :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:16 am

:lol: Thanks Miriam! I've wanted an 18v. for awhile but he surprised me with something a little more powerful. I have 2 sorry butt Ryobi 12v.'s and they sucked! After one hour, maybe less, the battery was dead. We got 15% off on this one by ordering it online and picking it up at Sears the same day. It was still a little bit pricey but it will probably be the last drill I have to buy.

I hope you get a red one M.....I'll pray to the tool Gods for you! ;)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby DragonFire » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:40 pm

I was wondering what tools I would need. I have already collected some spare bulbs and fuses...and will take tools from my big trailer's collection and keep it in the tear.

I like those clips, too. I'll have to check into getting some of those.
'79 Grasshopper
Coleman Keepers 200a Gang
DragonFire
Donating Member

Re:

Postby MomRaps » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:31 pm

"carry a rag (or blue paper towels)"

Why a Blue Paper Towel? What is with Blue - rags or towels.
MomRaps
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Camper Toolkit

Postby Lynn Coleman » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Blue Paper towels are stronger more durable they are made for the workshop.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:58 am

Have to say my camper tool bag gets used at least every camping trip. Last weekend one of the guys had to take off a fitting and didn't have tools. I gladly pulled out my tool bag and let him borrow what he needed. He was grateful and impressed! I was waiting for him to ask if it was my husband's tools....I would have squashed him. He didn't and his manhood was saved. :)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby redrover465 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:10 am

Love reading about all the tool possibilities. That's another way I can help out with ours. We're currently in the middle of a build (a foamie) and I'm the gatherer other than also doing the sides and top. I'll have to look at what I already have downstairs that is extra on my own workbench. I bet I can put together a bag of assorted things in a zip. :lol: I know I have a giant can of zip strips down there for sure and excess pliers, hammers, tape.

By the way, duct comes in purple,pink plaid now. I have some in my classroom.

Thanks for all the ideas. Tammie
Don and Tammie from Wisconsin
redrover465
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Rainier70 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:40 pm

Very nice tool kits everyone! An inexpensive socket set with various screw drivers, pliers, and crescent wrenches is in each of our vehicles. Along with some other tools for both the vehicle and camping.

Depending on where you camp and travel there might be some additional things to add. Such as a small shovel and a folding bow saw and a cargo or tow strap. The shovel has many obvious uses. The bow saw and tow strap are for emergency use also.

I don't need to cut firewood, but there are millions of beetle killed trees in the forests of the West, and they fall all over the place! You can be on a fairly well maintained gravel road and find that a tree has fallen and blocked you in. This way you can saw what you need to of it and use the tow strap to drag it out of the way. A major pain, but better than waiting for someone to come by.

Another item might be a set of jumper cables, and a variety of fuses. I also like to have several of the little Harbor Freight magnetic LED lights.
Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby deleted » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:33 am

Just wanted to say thank you for this thread. As a soon to be first time trailer owner it never occurred to me that I should have a camper toolkit. Now I will and credit all of you for the great suggestions here. Nothing has happened yet but I already feel like I'm going to be prepared for anything! :thumbsup:
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:18 am

My tool bag is actually a tool box. I changed it over last year after I accumulated a few more necessities. Little bugger is getting heavy now but it's not overloaded with everything, just good necessary tools. I'll take a picture sometime today or tomorrow and post it.

Stacie, you will appreciate having that toolkit around. Put a handfull of zip ties in it. They are great for tieing up hoses, power cords, lights, etc. Keep a roll of duct tape, pipe tape and electrical tape in there too. Electrical tape is great for sinching things together and doesn't make a sticky mess like some duct tapes can. Also keep a bag of bungee cords in different sizes (not in the tool box though) and small/medium clips. I buy small clips at Home Depot (usually right at the checkout counter). They are great for hanging lights on your canopy or pop up shelter. My camping buddies love that I come prepared and on many occasions I've heard, "well, if you don't have it, Becca will". Yep, probably do. ;)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby deleted » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Will do! Thanks for the tips. I took copies of your photos from page 1 so I can remember what to collect for my kit. Going to drop them into my iPhone photo album so they're always handy when I'm at a store or estate sale.
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to Lady Teardroppers