Do you camp in your driveway?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Do you camp in your own yard?

Yes I have, but, rarely or only once.
26%
Yes I do regularily.
32%
No.
27%
Other. (explain below)
16%

Total votes : 90

Postby bobhenry » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:25 am

Invaded by in laws I escaped to the barn last night. Turned the radio down real real low and drifted off.

"Ol' what's her name" loaned out all the bedrooms in the house and joined me some time later.

Woke to the sound of a gentle rain on the aluminum roof. That's a nice sound.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby canned o minimum » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:27 am

All "I" heard last nite were CRICKETS. then reality hit around 6am...the trash truck...We all gotta face reality sum time...
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Camping in the Driveway

Postby ramblinman » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:27 pm

When I visit my 16 year old son at his mothers I camp in her driveway. It's pretty funny when the neighbors are leaving their houses to go to church. They look over and I have the coffee percolating and the smell of bacon and eggs are wafting over the hood. I can see the jealousy in their faces. Ha Ha I am having fun, even if I am at the Ex's! :D :D
ramblinman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby canned o minimum » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:01 pm

Whatever you can do to show the kid that HE matters and you'll do whatever it takes to see him .....you're already a HERO !!
What a great teardrop story !!!
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

camping in the Exs driveway

Postby ramblinman » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:53 pm

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, he is really cool, # 3 out of 4 sons and one daughter. He is well worth the visit and I will sleep in a curb if I had to to see him. Bit, I tell him, I am one of the lucky ones because I sleep in 33 square feet of luxury after a day of surfing or camping or just watching waves with him. We eat great and laugh alot.

I drive 320 miles each week to see him play football for his High School Scorpions ( 6'5 200ibs) Brigham Young was in last week to scout him. Really thrilling for him to even be considered.

I count the outdoor experience for producing a fine young citizen! I have to really thank my current and forever wife ( 13 years and counting) for being so understanding about my need to be a part of my children's life in real time. I think I have a golden horseshoe stuck up my butt and I ain't pulling it out! :thumbsup:
ramblinman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby canned o minimum » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:58 pm

As a single Dad myself, and with MANY stories to tell bout MY seein MY girls at ALL cost, it is heart warmin to hear the testimony of yet another Dad willin to go the extra mile and be EXTRAORDINARY fer his kid ! My hat is off to you sir.....you are wreapin yer reward...and how lucky are you to have such a WISE and wonderful woman supporting you....SHE is a hero !!!
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Drive way camping.

Postby ramblinman » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:49 am

Great to hear from another responsible parent. Kudos to you and all like us that just do what is best for the kids, Moms and Dads alike!
ramblinman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby canned o minimum » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:17 pm

As the product of a "broken" family, and the recipient of the same, I learned from my Dad that to be selfish is to be ALONE....

Everybody wants to be sumbody, but they sumhow lose the meaning of it...In order to BE sumbody...ya hafta BE sumbody TO sumbody....

It only takes a little bit extra to be extraordinary. I challenge everybody to BE sumbody TO sumbody and see how much of a positive spin it puts on yer life !!

Nuff said...
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to User Polls