Son of Hibatchi!

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Son of Hibatchi!

Postby JuneBug » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:07 am

http://www.sonofhibachionline.com/howitworks.php
compact grill that works as a chimney to get your briquets going in under 10 minutes, folds open to a double grill, "after barbecuing, fold up the Son of Hibachiâ„¢ and tap the two sides together so the ashes fall into the ash drawer. Then slide the damper on while it is still hot!

Your Son of Hibachiâ„¢ will be clean for the next use as the heat also cooks the grease and scraps off the grills.

After two minutes, place your barbecue into your Snuff out Pouchâ„¢ and zip the pouch closed. Lack of air smothers the charcoal so it can be used many times, saving you money.

Several friends have these and they are AWESOME, both for the above reasons and also because it packs up in such a compact package. I love things like this that are so perfectly thought out & well designed and executed using good quality materials. I cringe a bit when I think about how much we paid for our Weber and how flimsy it is, although it does a good job of grilling. Every time I pull it back into the shed, at least one leg falls off.
"The large print giveth; the small print taketh away" Tom Waits
JuneBug
Donating Member

Postby TLC » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:39 am

I got one of these little grills as a gift from my brother. He bought one for himself too. They work as advertised and I found my 8" Dutch oven will fit on one side perfectly without the grill installed. You can grill a steak on one side while you make a cobbler on the other side. Very compact little grill.
Tom
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby Martini » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:36 am

Looks like a neat little grill
Martini
Teardrop Builder

Re: Son of Hibatchi!

Postby GerryS » Mon May 31, 2021 8:01 pm

We have one. I love the idea, but they just don’t get hot enough for a good sear….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Son of Hibatchi!

Postby GerryS » Mon May 31, 2021 8:01 pm

We have one. I love the idea, but they just don’t get hot enough for a good sear….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Camping Secrets