Any match-makers out there?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby Big Dan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:16 pm

No, not trying to pick up anyone. I,m here cuz I love teardrops and camping. When I first came to this forum I did'nt know about all of the gatherings you all have until I had read through some of the threads. I was suprised to find so many people who love to camp as much as I do. It would be great to make it to some events and meet alot of you and if miss right is in the mix, evan better. but not a priority.
Last edited by Big Dan on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Happiness is only real when shared" Alexander Supertramp
Big Dan
The 300 Club

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:12 pm

8) Okay guys....it is billed as an International Event & we get folks from all over the states, especially the west, so you never know. And you will notice I put the emphasis on FRIENDship, cuz I believe you should establish that first before all those other emotions (& body parts) get caught up in the quest. Just to let you know, if you toss your hat into the ring enough times you'll eventually get something besides TRAMPled. :lol:
TDN (back to basics)
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Big Dan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:23 pm

Why is the IRG only held every other year?
Big Dan
The 300 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Big Dan wrote:Why is the IRG only held every other year?

From what I hear Dan, it takes them that long to recover. 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:24 pm

Dan and others, it is great you don't limit your age considerations.

Now guys if you poo-poo your state but you are staying there you will for sure limit your choices. Slowcowboy, ya gotta get some group going up there. Wyoming has a lot to offer folks who like the great outdoors. You are not after all looking for a city girl. You might be surprised at how many women would love to ranch with a partner who has a good attitude. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Kevin A » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:07 am

Steve_Cox wrote:

This is one of the answers, but not for the reason you might think, LOL
There is a lot of behind the scenes work that goes into putting this event on. It all starts just before New Years day and continues through the end of July. Doing it every other year gives the planning crew a rest. The IRG is done during the even years so that it doesn't conflict with the ITG (International Teardrop Gathering) in Minden Nebraska. It is also done every other year, but during odd years.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Big Dan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:36 am

Thanks Kevin. That make perfect sense. It looks like a great event and I can see how it would take quite a bit to organize. I love the red woods and hope I can make it down there some day soon.
Big Dan
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:22 am

Sometimes jokes are misunderstood or offense is taken. Seems the more people try to help the worse it gets. I hope everyone will remember we are here to share and have fun. We have a private messaging so we can keep misunderstanding from becoming a blow up. Good luck to all who are looking for companionship/love!
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:17 am

Kevin A wrote:
Steve_Cox wrote:

This is one of the answers, but not for the reason you might think, LOL
There is a lot of behind the scenes work that goes into putting this event on. It all starts just before New Years day and continues through the end of July. Doing it every other year gives the planning crew a rest. The IRG is done during the even years so that it doesn't conflict with the ITG (International Teardrop Gathering) in Minden Nebraska. It is also done every other year, but during odd years.

Here's the absolute real reason... It was some wise advise freely given to us from Jane Montgomery during IRG1.0.
Jane suggested we do the event every other year, so folks could plan a different vacation during "off" years to do other things, go other places and not feel like they were going to miss something if they had other plans or commitments and of course, as already mentioned, to not conflict with George's ITG events.
Thanks Jane, it was great advise... :thumbsup:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Big Dan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Thanks Dean that also makes sence. I like your D.O videos on U-tube. Keep them comeing.
Big Dan
The 300 Club

Matchmaker thread hijack

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:14 am

:) Thank you, Dan, cuz we are really enjoying cooking 'em up.
Now, please, no more IRG thread hijacking here....back to our regular topic of matchmaking, and remember to play nicely together on this thread...
right Aunti M...? :yes:
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Re: Matchmaker thread hijack

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:55 am

The Teardrop Nanny wrote::) Thank you, Dan, cuz we are really enjoying cooking 'em up.
Now, please, no more IRG thread hijacking here....back to our regular topic of matchmaking, and remember to play nicely together on this thread...
right Aunti M...? :yes:
TDN

:thinking: :lol: You betcha cause everyone is a matchmaker at heart!
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

and then...

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:55 am

you'd live happily ever after and ride off into the sunset pulling your teardrop.

So Slow, your vision is obtainable. There's a partner out there for you, pardner, somewhere. Make it so, Cowboy.
Best wishes,
TDN
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby honeask » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:48 am

Slow, women just won't walk up to your house and ask if there is an available man in there. You have go out and mingle, maybe more than you ever have before. I know that throwing yourself out there is out of your comfort zone but maybe that's what it's gonna take. Consider someone a little older also, there are some great ladies out there. Don't assume they are all looking down on you, they may not be. Wyoming can't be as bad as you picture it or you would have already been gone. Everyone has a match out there, get busy, go look for her.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:47 am

Slow, here's an idea for you. When you see someone that you think you might like, don't look at whether she is married as she may know someone else who would be perfect for you. Simply ask her if she has a sister or friend who might be interested in dating. That way, it can't hurt to ask; and, even if she says 'no', that she doesn't know anybody, she may later think about it and come up with the perfect person for you. Also, if you ask someone who happens to like you, she may just blurt out: "I'm interested!" In addition, you’ll end up with several people helping to find the right person for you and you won't be doing all the looking on your own. :D
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers