These are my rides jumping in with both feet

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

OK, I'll play...

Postby MegC » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:47 pm

My dirt baby. Husband got it as a Valentine's present after I made the mistake of demoing a few in Portland. I was only starting the search and was going to quite happily ride my older bike through another season, but this was on sale and he said he didn't want to listen to me over-analyzing mountain bikes for a year. :lol: ZERO regrets for him pulling the trigger on it- at 27 lbs on this vanilla SLX build and 5.5" of travel, it makes a superb all-day up-down-beat-around back country bike.

Now if only the engine was upgraded... :oops:

Currently in the LBS for shock repair (hopefully under warranty) and drive train overhaul (apparently I chewed one up in a single glorious season !!!!) while I'm trying to take advantage of the XC ski season and/or grinding rollers on my Surly Crosscheck.
~ intel gathering until we get more $. If anyone's got a line on a winning lotto ticket or a tooth fairy I can shake down for cash, PM me.
"...believing in human perfectibility starts with trying to force people into a mold, then into a prison, and then into an oven."
MegC
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Fenlason » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:20 am

Welcome Meg.. :D Nice ride.. from your avatar photo.. it looks like you are not afraid of a little cool weather.. :lol: :thumbsup:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby MegC » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Oh that was dog mushing, lol. Not running dogs this season but doing as much XC skiing as I can fit in (weekends, lunch hours, etc).
~ intel gathering until we get more $. If anyone's got a line on a winning lotto ticket or a tooth fairy I can shake down for cash, PM me.
"...believing in human perfectibility starts with trying to force people into a mold, then into a prison, and then into an oven."
MegC
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Fenlason » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:34 am

MegC wrote:Oh that was dog mushing, lol. Not running dogs this season but doing as much XC skiing as I can fit in (weekends, lunch hours, etc).

:lol: :lol: biking or not.. at least you are still getting out to "play" :thumbsup:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Yuri4x4 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:48 am

You guys are getting me motivated! THANKS!

I was a Bike Commuter last year... until I got laid-off in October. Since then, things have gone down-hill. Between the job hunting, snow, and lack of $$$, I just have zero motivation. Times are tough. I've probably only been on my bike a couple of times. :cry:

But now with the New year, I'm trying to change my outlook... When I was riding every day, I had this 'peace' about me... I had a positive outlook on life. But lately, I've just been a miserable mess. I really need to get some of that 'peace' back into my life. And I don't think it can wait 'til Spring... I've gotta get out on the bike TOMORROW (it's late)!

I'm going to get my winter riding gear together in a pile and leave it where I can see it in the morning... I'm riding SOMEWHERE tomorrow!
Yuri4x4
Teardrop Builder

Postby MegC » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:25 am

Yuri- bikes are indeed good for the soul. I actually spend a lot of time praying while I'm riding.
MegC
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Yuri4x4 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:57 pm

I rode the local bike trial pulling the 'kid teardrop' (the trail conveniently ends at a Walmart plaza). The wife met us at Wendy's for lunch. Than I took the long way home. 15 miles total. It was a little cold, but not too bad. The little guy LOVES riding in the trailer!

It was very strange to feel so 'rusty'... I haven't taken that long off from riding in years. Now I just have to keep it up!
:applause:
Yuri4x4
Teardrop Builder

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:01 pm

Yuri4x4 wrote:You guys are getting me motivated! THANKS!

I was a Bike Commuter last year... until I got laid-off in October. Since then, things have gone down-hill. Between the job hunting, snow, and lack of $$$, I just have zero motivation. Times are tough. I've probably only been on my bike a couple of times. :cry:

But now with the New year, I'm trying to change my outlook... When I was riding every day, I had this 'peace' about me... I had a positive outlook on life. But lately, I've just been a miserable mess. I really need to get some of that 'peace' back into my life. And I don't think it can wait 'til Spring... I've gotta get out on the bike TOMORROW (it's late)!

I'm going to get my winter riding gear together in a pile and leave it where I can see it in the morning... I'm riding SOMEWHERE tomorrow!

sorry about getting laid off.. but a big thumbs up for getting motivated to ride again. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:02 pm

MegC wrote:Yuri- bikes are indeed good for the soul. I actually spend a lot of time praying while I'm riding.

I agree :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

although all to often my prayers are "please let this be the top of the hill"... and things like that.. :roll: :lol: :lol:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby MegC » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:13 pm

Whoa, do I resemble this remark.
"LET THERE BE OXYGEN, AND LET NOT MY LEGS FEEL LIKE LEAD"... and the hill never gets smaller...

:rofl:
MegC
Teardrop Advisor

Re: These are my rides jumping in with both feet

Postby Kursac » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:40 pm

mikeschn wrote:
Kursac wrote:

Charlie,

What is that thing that looks like an ipod?

Mike...

That is a Blackberry Storm and my music source & my GPS on my long commutes. I agree that you can commute in the off season but I prefer not to expose my bicycles to the road brine. My road bike was rather expensive. My other bike I am also very partial too as well.
I have thoughts
Charlie
Kursac
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Fenlason » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:21 pm

A lot of us riders up here... when we buy a new bike.. keep our old one as a winter bike. Or others just build up a crappy weather bike.

There is also winter trail riding... great riding.. without getting near salt.

We just bought these to be able to ride in a wider range of snow conditions.

92 miles in the last week... :D

Winter trail riding is some of the best riding I have ever done!!!!!
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby MegC » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:27 pm

LOL... you come out to Washington in the summer and I'll show you some other possibilities. 8)

Heading down into Windy Pass, central WA Cascades.
Friend and local trail builder bombing from Esmeralda saddle to Fortune Creek (close to 6k feet elevation at the top, gotta wait for it to melt sometimes well into summer). Also central WA Cascades.
Smith Creek fallen old growth, near Mt St Helens
'cano ridin'! See if you can spot me in this pic. Hint: it had to be close to 100F on the climb up to the plains here. :lol:

3 hours/50 miles rollerating on my Surly crosscheck this afternoon, just packing it in the can for next season while the rained out crust makes skiing unsavory.
MegC
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Oasis Maker » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:18 pm

MegC wrote:Image
'cano ridin'! See if you can spot me in this pic. Hint: it had to be close to 100F on the climb up to the plains here. :lol:

:lol: That's better than the game on the back of kids cereal box. Haven't played it in a while . . . and yours was much tougher than I remember. I won't spoil it for others.

Scott
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:49 am

Wonderful photos Meg. I would love to ride out there sometime. I like the riding here.. but there many places that have much better trails than us.

Oh.. and I did not find you that hard to find.. :thumbsup:

I was going to say you were easy.. but ..... :roll:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Bicycles