Living full-time in a teardrop trailer

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby pete42 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:12 am

slowcowboy wrote"Grant whip is right. Hes building a large teardrop 7x 12 and this is going to make a lot of folks re mad."

why would anyone get mad? I think anyone can build anything they want and "we" will be happy for and encourge them not get mad
only thing that is required is pictures, pictures, pictures.
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby bobhenry » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:30 am

Could be worse it could have been a barn :rofl2: :rofl:

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:36 am

Or maybe a caboose...... :laughter:

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby pete42 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:44 am

bobhenry wrote:Or maybe a caboose...... :laughter:

why do we like cabooses? train cabooses it's a family web site.
I have never ridden in a "crummy" but I have been inside many of them over the years and was sadden when they were replaced by "FRED" (Flashing Rear End Device or Flashing Red End Device).

pete
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Re: Living full-time in a teardrop trailer

Postby Ratkity » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:12 am

Tumbleweed_Tex wrote:
jon p wrote:I know it will sound silly or ridiculous to some, but does anyone know of someone who lives full-time in a teardrop trailer? Just curious....

I guess me and Dog don't count, huh?

We need to know you are still out there and require another story. Please???

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby jon p » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:03 am

Ratkity wrote:
Tumbleweed_Tex wrote:
jon p wrote:I know it will sound silly or ridiculous to some, but does anyone know of someone who lives full-time in a teardrop trailer? Just curious....

I guess me and Dog don't count, huh?

We need to know you are still out there and require another story. Please???

Hugs,
Ratkity

I am still here. Keep them coming.... :D

In case anyone is wondering why I asked about living full-time in a teardrop its because I am thinking about doing it. I want to build a slightly larger teardrop that is 6ft x 10 ft. I saw someone posted it might make others mad to build a larger teardrop. Why would that be? Not that I really care. I do what I please within moral and legal limits and don't care what people think, but just wondering how in this world someone could get mad at something so ridiculous?
jon p
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ratkity » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:08 am

jon p wrote:I am still here. Keep them coming.... :D

In case anyone is wondering why I asked about living full-time in a teardrop its because I am thinking about doing it. I want to build a slightly larger teardrop that is 6ft x 10 ft. I saw someone posted it might make others mad to build a larger teardrop. Why would that be? Not that I really care. I do what I please within moral and legal limits and don't care what people think, but just wondering how in this world someone could get mad at something so ridiculous?

Only mad with envy! :lol:

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby T@Baker » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:53 am

pete42 wrote:
bobhenry wrote:Or maybe a caboose...... :laughter:

why do we like cabooses? train cabooses it's a family web site.
I have never ridden in a "crummy" but I have been inside many of them over the years and was sadden when they were replaced by "FRED" (Flashing Rear End Device or Flashing Red End Device).

pete

I know some people who could benefit from a "Flashing Rear End Device". :shock:
Crystal -
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, crap. She's up."
T@Baker
Teardrop Master

Postby jon p » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:49 pm

slowcowboy wrote:Pete42 You got me on the answer why folks get mad at what one builds. I give advise on here and the hole world is jumping all over me the next day. I get private post telling me to tone down and to not be so "hpypercital" you know and all that sort of stuff.

People on here take things like gospel on this teardrop forum and if you tell them its not going to work to pull a large standie or teardrop with a compact car with out problems they do get upset!!!

yikes just post on here and do it for a year and you will see what I mean.

put a tread out on whats best 4 wide or 5 wide and see how many folks get upset and bent out of shape.

then post a tread on building a new frame or starting your build on a harbor freight trailer frame and see how many more folks go to flipping out and going bonkers.

Your question is why would any one get upset on what your building as you can build any thing you want?????

My answers "You got me" just post and you will see in about a month or more what I am talking about.

I hate to say it but when I post on here folks get real parnoid!!!!! heeeee! it does irtate a bit. but it does keep me from getting bored. I love to reply when I am told NO you can't.

Its like I got told you can't make a harbor freight trailer go off road. heeee!! Oh, yea I can! I got photos to that one.

you can't heat a teardrop with a deep cyle battery. Why the heck am I doing it for a year or more! heeeee

you will see Pet42 soon you will be geting the "your to hypercital" replys to when you off simple orndary comon advise.

its the teardrop forum and its what happens. and its the internet.

Just remmber it an't all gospel. thank God!!! Slowcowboy.

feel free to post me folks and complain.

To think...I originally just wanted to hear stories of people living in their teardrops. Looks like a war has been brewing and I arrived just as the bombs started dropping. Story of my life..... :lol:
jon p
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Karl » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:57 pm

jon p wrote:To think...I originally just wanted to hear stories of people living in their teardrops. Looks like a war has been brewing and I arrived just as the bombs started dropping. Story of my life..... :lol:

Jon P,
You are quite the troublemaker!!! You should be banned for posting such provocative and controversial questions! What are you trying to do, start a riot?
:lol:
Karl
Tear Jerkers Director - Great Lakes Chapter
Karl
Silver Donating Member

WAR!

Postby eamarquardt » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Why don't we start a real "war" and ask how many folks prefer single story homes, versus split level, versus multistory homes.

Or even better Teardrop (recline only), standie, and multistory trailers!

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Living Full Time since April, 2007

Postby Guy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:30 pm

Dear JonP,

I have been living full-time in my tear since April, 2007. I have been on both coasts and north and south. From freezing temps to 100+, foot high snow to torrential rain. The only trick is enjoying to read and learning to fish. The only meaningful cliche "Trout live in beautiful places."
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Betsey » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:30 am

slowcowboy wrote:Grant whip is right. Hes building a large teardrop 7x 12 and this is going to make a lot of folks re mad.

I don't think it's gonna be a problem...Grant has been building teardrops commercially long before most people on this forum (or the free world) ever even knew what teardrops were. :designing: He is the teardrop guru :worship: & I can't imagine anyone who knows him getting mad at his design for a larger tear. :D

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Living Full Time since April, 2007

Postby iplay10us2 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:08 am

Guy wrote:Dear JonP,

I have been living full-time in my tear since April, 2007. I have been on both coasts and north and south. From freezing temps to 100+, foot high snow to torrential rain. The only trick is enjoying to read and learning to fish. The only meaningful cliche "Trout live in beautiful places."

You need to check out the White River in north central Arkansas for some trout. You can camp at Bull Shoals State Park, or White Buffalo Resort in Buffalo City. Game and Fish recently tagged and released a 34lb Brown.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Thanks Susann

Postby Guy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:57 pm

That could feed a gathering!
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion