I HATE Camping World!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

I HATE Camping World!

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:55 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that way about that place?? I've been a member for quite a few years and to be perfectly honest, I've had a good shopping experience probably twice out of 10 visits! And NEVER had a good experience with their parts department or the service/whatever department inside the store.

This is how I feel - if you don't own a "COACH" then you aren't worth their time. They have no clue what Customer Service means....NO CLUE! I will never renew my membership there again - I'm done.

Ok, here's just one example (and I do have many, many, many others):
As some of you know I had a small little leak around my gray water tank pipe. Well, I cleaned it up today and it doesn't seem too bad but it looks like in the near future I will need to replace the valve and pipe that is connected to the tank. It's old and it's time. Sooo, my husband said why don't you go get a new valve and bring it to my trailer guy and have him put a new pipe and valve on and do whatever it needs to make it right. Ok, cool! So, I go to my favorite place (and I say that with extreme sarcasm), Camping World and go find the dump valve.

I found the valve but it wasn't what I needed. It was an extension and safety valve but it was exactly like what I have but I don't want an extension, I need a new one. Ok....I'm thinking, I really don't want to go talk to those people in the back and ask if they have what I need because I've never had a good experience dealing with them. But, I took a deep breath and walked up to "DALE". DALE...I've dealt with DALE everytime I've been there and believe me, I was hoping I could get someone else but, oh well.

So here is how the conversation goes:
D -"How can I help you"?
B - "I've got a 1977 Scotty that I need to replace the dump valve"
D - "Well, what size is it?"
B - "It's exactly this size (extension in my hand) but I don't want an extension, I need a new one"
D - "What kind of COACH do you have"
B - (didn't I just tell him I have a 1977 Scotty???)
B - "My COACH is a 1977 Scotty"
D - "That's not a Coach - that's an old trailer"
B - "No sh**!...I just told you I have a 1977 Scotty"
D - "Well, this is what you need"
B - "NOOOO, I don't NEED an extension - I don't want to hook this up to the old one - I want an original one, like if you build one brand new and put in a gray water tank and valve - you know, like that"
D - "Well, I don't think you know what you are talking about"
B - (ok - I still have a smile on my face but in my head I'm calling him an arrogant a$$hole)
B - "OK DALE, since you seem to know what I need, please tell me"
D - "You need to call our Tech department but first you need to go home and measure your tank this way and that way and that way...."
By now he is writing down the Tech departments number and I put my hand out to receive the piece of paper from him and he THROWS THE PAPER ON THE COUNTER!! I didn't put my hand down, I just left it there like an idiot.

Well, I told him Thank You, with no return response, took the paper, turned around and crumbled it up. I tossed it in the trash can and walked out of that place and never looked back. I'll never give them one copper penny again!

I have had the same experience in their outside parts department. Like I said, if you don't own a "Coach" they don't want to deal with you.

Good bye and good ridance! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Last edited by CAJUN LADY on Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby hotrod » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:01 pm

we dont have one locally altho I have seen one in the twin cities, thanks for the heads up.. never had a need to stop there and now have a reason not to if I need something.. lol :thumbsup:
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby caseydog » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:10 pm

I've been to Camping World a couple of times, and was ignored. When I did ask them anything, they seemed to be disinterested. It was a little weird. I was the only customer in the store both times, and they didn't seem at all interested in doing any business with me.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:13 pm

Glenn, I stood in line once for 17 minutes. No one behind me and only one customer in front. She was trying to buy a GPS. Another clerk was standing next to her trying to help her find out why they couldn't find the GPS in the system. 17 MINUTES! I finally put my stuff down on the other counter and was leaving when the other clerk said, "Oh, I can check you out!!!" DAMN!!!...it took me dumping my goods to get her attention!!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:15 pm

Paul, don't waste your time. They are not customer friendly at all. I don't need their merchandise and they act like they don't need my business so no love lost.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby iplay10us2 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:24 pm

I absolutely HATE them! Poor customer service, terrible repair department, etc!!!!

When they sent me info through email and snail mail about getting a Camping World card, I responded that I would NEVER do business with them based on the service I (didn't) receive at a local store, I never heard back from them again.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby robfisher » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:27 pm

And in your picture you look like such a nice lady:0

I vote with my feet also. Service starts at the top and if they don't have it then move on.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:48 pm

:( Sorry Becca! Can't imagine anyone treating you like that. We have a local RV place that knows I have a home made. They do repair and would even put new springs on mine. Would not order curtain track for me either. Said he had to order 10 or more.....Too bad! I went to Colaws. They btw will send you stuff....

Have you tried on line?
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:51 pm

Susann, I can't wait for them to send me a renewal notice. I promise you I will let them know in a lady-like way where they can stick that renewal!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:58 pm

Rob, I am a nice lady, really and I'm very patient and considerate but I do have my limits. One of my pet peeves is throwing something at someone like he did with that piece of paper. I had my hand out waiting for him to hand it to me!! To me that is so rude.

I've dealt with this same guy, DALE, several times and not once - NOT ONCE have I walked away a happy customer. He's a butt head and that is what his name tag should say - I AM A BUTT HEAD!

Miriam, I've got a used RV place that I really like but they were closed today. Susie at Tom's RV is wonderful. She's knows her stuff and will do whatever it takes to get the part for you. I should have known better than to go to CW.

I am going to write to CW and let them know they suck. But I will do it in a lady-like way ~ ;)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby NutmegJoe » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:47 pm

When I first started teardropping I needed a brake controller put in my car. I called, made an appointment, even called the day before to verify the time. Took off from work, drove to Camping World and lo and behold they had NO record of my appt. I guess if you're not in for some $400 service on huge motor home, they aren't going to waste their time with a $70 install. They also made no attempt to offer to reschedule or see if they could get me in...needless to say, I went elsewhere.

I'm with you Becca...HATE Camping World too.
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:58 pm

I think some RV stores and service sites are afraid to deal with home-built or older camping trailers. They probably know that they don't have enough intelligence to do the job.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby len19070 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:22 pm

I worked for Camping World for almost 20 years....And I QUIT! For all the reasons everyone else has mentioned.

They have some of the most pampas and ill informed staff on the planet.

My job there changed from RV Technician to Chief Screw-up fixer.

To get a Job there the only real requirement is that you say "YES"

Yes, Camping World Sucks!

Happy Trails

Len
Last edited by len19070 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby sagebrush » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:29 pm

:thumbsup: What Sharon said!! One local dealer called me to bid on outside work for them. Wanted itemised list of materials, then took My list to MY supplier and had their employees do the work. Have'nt had the time to bid any other jobs for them since. ( 'magine that!)
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:46 pm

NutmegJoe wrote:When I first started teardropping I needed a brake controller put in my car. I called, made an appointment, even called the day before to verify the time. Took off from work, drove to Camping World and lo and behold they had NO record of my appt. I guess if you're not in for some $400 service on huge motor home, they aren't going to waste their time with a $70 install. They also made no attempt to offer to reschedule or see if they could get me in...needless to say, I went elsewhere.

I'm with you Becca...HATE Camping World too.

No Customer Service period! I'm glad to hear that others are having the same experience with them. Maybe if enough unsatisfied customers goes online and complain they might change things.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Next

Return to Off Topic