I HATE Camping World!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:04 am

Steve_Cox wrote:Can't wait to print this thread and mail it to Camping World Corporate, the one in St Augustine sucks too. Arrogant and uninformed employees

Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers Forum is 12,000 members strong. It is time to send them a message.

A link to this thread has been sent to Camping World Corporate Customer Service with an invitation to join the forum and post a reply. Ladies and Gentlemen, Place Your Bets. 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby len19070 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:05 am

Steve_Cox wrote:
Steve_Cox wrote:Can't wait to print this thread and mail it to Camping World Corporate, the one in St Augustine sucks too. Arrogant and uninformed employees

Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers Forum is 12,000 members strong. It is time to send them a message.

A link to this thread has been sent to Camping World Corporate Customer Service with an invitation to join the forum and post a reply. Ladies and Gentlemen, Place Your Bets. 8)

That ought to be interesting. Ya know there Motto is;

"Not One unsatisfied Customer, Not one"

Honestly, that's it!

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby hotrod » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:59 am

Steve_Cox wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :no:
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:56 pm

Thank you Steve! :applause: I wonder how many complaints they've had?

Len, I can't believe that's their motto! That's a joke! I meant it when I said I'm done with them. I'll find what I need at Wal-Mart, Tom's RV or online. I don't need their asinine attitudes and they obviously don't need my business.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:29 pm

Honestly, that's it!

Happy Trails

Len[/quote]

I can't say I am an unsatisfied customer. I've been in Camping World a few times but no one ever asked me if I needed help. So I left. I don't care how busy you are. Acknowledge a customer and they will be quite patient. If I am ignored I don't come back. The only way I would give them another chance is if I broke down in their parking lot, then maybe.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bohemian » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:47 pm

I'm not going to defend CW, But I do have to defend the folks at my local CW store. Bath NY
From the counter clerk to the sales and even service they have all been really nice. Which is rather unusual for NY.
CW has a compeditor RV stove that's just down the street from them that acts just like your CW store. And they don't get my business anymore.
I guess it all comes down to who the management is.
Wayne
bohemian
Donating Member

Postby teardrop_focus » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:34 pm

After having read through the first 15 posts in this thread, I was going to suggest that "Dale" (and, apparently, they're ALL "Dales") needs an attitude adjustment, but since Steve has sent the virtual contents of this thread to CWCorporate (an oxymoron, perhaps?), I won't.

:D

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby teardrop_focus » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:40 pm

"Not One Satisfied Customer; Not One"

Fixed that for you. :lol:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:18 pm

len19070 wrote:
Steve_Cox wrote:

Honestly, that's it!

Happy Trails

Len

to me that's not untrue.. they don't have one unsatisfied customer.. they have many.. :lol: :lol:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby starleen2 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Geez - I've never been to camping world - Now I guess I won't have to go and waste my time - see how that negative stuff works :roll:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby Larwyn » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:32 pm

The only Camping World location that I have ever done business with is the one in Denton Texas. I started going in there when I first got my 5th wheel and purchased many accessories and parts from them over the next few years, everything from tank chemicals to a generator. Also bought parts for the TD there including the Fantastic Vent and all the 12 volt lighting. I no longer have the job which caused me to be in Denton, and I no longer have the 5th wheel trailer, so I am no longer a member and do not shop there any more. But, I was never a dissatisfied customer. The people at the Denton store were friendly and helpful folks at the time, don't know about now (been about 5 years since I was in there. I suppose there is always an exception to the rule.

If Dale had worked at the Denton store I'm sure my opinion would be much different.
Larwyn

Keeper of the Most Out Of Control Shop (2005)

I feel bad for the man that cannot spell a word more than one way. Mark Twain
Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

Postby satch » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:57 pm

I've only been to a CW once and bought a part off the self, so I didn' have any interactions with their service folk, but after reading these horror stories, I'm gonna remove them from my parts suppliers.
To me, service is worth more than the parts I'm buying. I've been known to pay 20% more at the local car part shop, even though Kragen is just down the road, all because of the friendly service. They don't care if your'e buying a $200 alternater, or a $2 marker lamp.
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Knowledge and Service

Postby eamarquardt » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:16 am

I went to the DoIt Center (a h/w chain here in So. Cal.) the other day for something to cap off a pipe. Had several options on how to do it with pvc, abs, or iron depending if I used some of what I had or just installed 1.5" abs plug. The fellow told me that abs/pvc/iron all had different pipe threads. I showed him that a pvc cap fit on a piece of iron pipe just fine. He continued to argue the point. I'm afraid I had to inform him: "you don't know what in the he$$ you're talking about". I was in considerable pain at the time (not unusual for me) and in no humor to argue with an idiot.

I shared with the manager on my way out that I was an engineer (technically my title at AT&T) and a machinist (more or less) and that there is only one pipe std for std pipe fittings and it is National Pipe Taper (but there is a high quality variant called dry fit but you won't find those fittings at a typical h/w store). I also "suggested" it would be nice to be helped by someone that knows what they're doing, ha.

I often get some "superior customer service" at the local True Value H/W store (but kids there love to taunt me after I annouce my presence by saying: "how bout some superior customer service"!), at AMEROCK Hinge company (via telephone), and Harris (Lincoln) welding products (via the internet), although it took two attempts at both AMEROCK and Harris to find someone that knew what they were talking about and provide me the right information verus the wrong information I got from the first folks I spoke to at both companies. After I ordered/bought the wrong hinges from an online vendor (as directed by the first AMEROCK rep) the second rep sent me a bundle of the right hinges for FREE!!!!!! Yea, AMEROCK!!!!

In general, "superior customer service", is a thing of the past virtually everwhere you go.

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:49 am

Not dead just very difficult to find!
Of the big box stores I find the Lowe's the best locally but it depends on the level of competence of the individual employee.
I have a number of places I will go for specific items i.e. HVAC stuff.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:37 am

Camping World has contacted Becca to let her know they were seriously interested in what was said about them here on the forum, and I followed up by asking them to post on this thread for all to see, perhaps they still will. I do believe transparency is these issues would further their reputation as much as any action they might take. Below is my PM to Jean Sewell and her response to me. Becca is camping and couldn't respond a the moment, but did on the phone to me.

Hi Jean.

Thank you so much for contacting Becca "Cajun Lady" privately about the issues she had at the Tampa area store.

It would be a boost for your company image if you could post to the thread on the forum for all to read your concerns.

We are a just a group of little trailer enthusiasts, but we are 12,000 strong. At any given time we have just as many people lurking and reading as we have signed in and participating.

Sincerely,

Mr. Cox;

Thank you for your communication and for providing the link to the camping forum. We had received this link from another subscriber a bit earlier on Monday, and have now been in direct contact with the customer.

Again, thank you for your time.

Jean Sewell
Manager
Camping World Customer Care

Did someone else send a link to Camping World? I think it was just me and while it is good to know Camping World is aware and checking the forum daily, I would still like to see Jean post here for all to see and tell us about how the Camping World Management meeting went today when this issue was discussed.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic