How long did you lurk before you became a member?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

How long did you lurk before you became a member?

Love at first sight - I signed up immediately!
39%
Several days.
9%
Several weeks.
11%
Several months.
19%
1 year.
6%
2 years.
3%
3 years or more.
4%
I've regressed back to lurking (except for this poll).
9%

Total votes : 93

Postby wagondude » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:44 pm

Over the course of several years I have switched back and forth between wanting to build a boat and a camper. Just signed up here, Still lurking on the boat forum. I habe narrowed down my design choices for both the camper and the boat. My financial situation just makes the camper the more likely of the two to be completed, though I still haven't finished the shed I started 4 years ago. So even finishing a camper is in doubt.
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mechmagcn » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:15 pm

After getting my 53 F100 on the road I needed a camper to pull behind it. In looking around the internet for small campers, I came across the Aussie teardrop site and thought "I can build one of those" I was partially through building my frame when I found this site and immediately joined.
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:39 pm

I signed up as soon as I found it. I'd owned/used a '49 Kit back to the late 70's and figured that it was cheaper and more usable than the mahogany boats that I was building. I'm more of a camper type, as opposed to a boat user. I figured I might as well just jump into the mix....baptism by fire sometimes gives you the best education. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

how long

Postby john curtis » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:21 pm

Was driving down the highway going out of province for 3 weeks of work and then there they were , 3 of these neat little trailers sitting in a farmers drive way.When I got home I started looking for them on the net and found this site. Joined instantly.Three years later and still working on the last 10%.Will have it done this summer.It's been a great 3 years.
John
john curtis
Teardrop Master

Lurker by laziness

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon May 16, 2011 8:24 pm

Dean (of the Redwoods) or FogCrawler, got hooked and excited about another creative adventure....these tiny travel trailers. Having been a computer widow for periods of time, I figured he was dabbling in it and would probably be on to something new in a couple of months seeing we had the boat building forum, glass people's forum, etc. that he was regularly visiting.

Anyway, he said he was gonna have a few of these folks come over and camp (what became known as the IRG Early Bird) at neighboring Swimmers Delight to see if they might want a gathering....and Dean did not have a teardrop at this time, but he had/has a WHOLE lot of ideas for building one.
Imagine my surprise when the next day after going down to camp with these TT people there were more than just a few, and so many people to meet that I knew nothing about, not even their names or faces cuz I didn't frequent the T&TTT forum way back then.
Well, after the IRG EB broke ground, these folks want to do it again ASAP and we had another gathering, Redwoods Revisited, soon after. It was in the late summer that I had met a variety of people and TD's and started going to look at the forum when Dean was logged on, which was often for him as he was totally hooked by now. So for about a year I just looked in about once or twice a month and got to see some of the pictures and read profiles about the people who we'd "hosted" at the Swimmers spot. There were some of the neatest/nicest people I have ever had the joy and pleasure to know.

After those gatherings, and before the first IRG I signed up myself as I usually just read the forum and never posted items when logged in under Dean's account. When I had that under my belt, and successfully pulled off two more events whilst still not having a trailer....I bought the Road Titan from that master craftsman, Doug H., who was one of our most enthusiastic and supportive (and still is) newly made friends.

Having the Pamplin Grove website opened up a whole new avenue for me as I could really meet people from the T&TTT forum and get to know them personally when they came to the event.
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Re: How long did you lurk before you became a member?

Postby Tucguy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:17 pm

How about longest lurking member after joining? I joined on Dec. 18, 2005. I am member 2026. I just posted for the first time a few days ago. I now feel that with my experiences, I can give advise on camping and teardropping. I never needed to post because I found all of my questions answered because someone else had already asked. I had plans to build a teardrop but then in Nov. 2009, I found a beautiful 2006 5 wide Little Guy Platform for a great price, garaged, and only used 3 times. I have used it extensively and love it. It is basically a very good trailer. I do plan on making the galley more to my liking soon. I will add more pictures to my personal album as time allows. This sounds like a good line for the newbie post as well.
Tucguy
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to User Polls