Ride this saturday

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

Ride this saturday

Postby SteveF » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:37 pm

I'm planning to do the "Barry Roubaix," this saturday, near Hastings Michigan. Anyone else going? Looks like a good time, though my legs could definitley be in better shape...

http://www.barry-roubaix.com/

Going to use my Bridgestone XO-1--perfect dirt road bike!

SteveF
Teardrop Master

Re: Ride this saturday

Postby Fenlason » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:02 pm

SteveF wrote:I'm planning to do the "Barry Roubaix," this saturday, near Hastings Michigan. Anyone else going? Looks like a good time, though my legs could definitley be in better shape...

http://www.barry-roubaix.com/

Going to use my Bridgestone XO-1--perfect dirt road bike!

hmm that looks like an interesting ride...

I love your Bridgestone also. I have always been a fan.. and have one of their MB1's
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby SteveF » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:27 am

Some of those B-stones were definitely ahead of their time. Grant's a real visionary!

I'm not doing that ride tomorrow after all--we've got a fierce cold snap here and it's going to be around 20 at the start and not reach 30 all day. That's just too cold for me I'm afraid...

...yeah I'm a wimp. Sun burn from a bike ride I can deal with but not frostbite!
SteveF
Teardrop Master

Postby Fenlason » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:23 pm

SteveF wrote:Some of those B-stones were definitely ahead of their time. Grant's a real visionary!

I'm not doing that ride tomorrow after all--we've got a fierce cold snap here and it's going to be around 20 at the start and not reach 30 all day. That's just too cold for me I'm afraid...

...yeah I'm a wimp. Sun burn from a bike ride I can deal with but not frostbite!

wimp... :R :R ;)

20 can be unpleasant on the road. It takes a whole nother level of clothing... and something... fortitude? . I would rather ride off road in those temps.

We were supposed to have a group ride today.. 20 and quite windy.. and everyone else bailed. So we opted for a fat bike ride in the snow. For that we were actually over dressed... and did not just endure it.. but enjoyed it. :D
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby SteveF » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:28 am

Turned out even colder than I thought--in the teens when they started and low 20's at the end...

It's tough to take those kind of temps right now since it was near 60 a week ago and is supposed to be averaging in the 50's! I think that contrast was what sapped my will to ride...

Trail riding is definitely better when it's cold--I still hope to own a fat bike someday! An hopefully it'll motivate me to ride more in the winter time... 8)
SteveF
Teardrop Master

Postby Fenlason » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:28 pm

SteveF wrote:Turned out even colder than I thought--in the teens when they started and low 20's at the end...

It's tough to take those kind of temps right now since it was near 60 a week ago and is supposed to be averaging in the 50's! I think that contrast was what sapped my will to ride...

Trail riding is definitely better when it's cold--I still hope to own a fat bike someday! An hopefully it'll motivate me to ride more in the winter time... 8)

yeah.. that will do it.. 8)

I can't speak highly enough about the Fat Bikes. We have had an absolute blast riding them this winter. We have done a lot of snow riding with "regular" mountain bikes for years... but the conditions had to be right. These things greatly expand the riding conditions.

Perhaps some of our enthusiasm is just the "New Bike Jones".. but I find it as I have found on a Fat Bike forum.. is the fun.. and I have to agree.. they are just plain fun.

They are heavy.. and you feel it at first. [although they can be build much ligher than what mine is.].. but I must say right now.. it just feels like a bike. Some just use them in the snow.. others end up with it becoming their only bike. I do plan on using it on other than snow. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Return to Bicycles