What a girl needs in a TTT

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

What a girl needs in a TTT

Postby J&J » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:30 am

Hi ladies, we are building a 5X10X4 TTT with a port-a-potty inside and a 10X10 canopy. My question is what else does a first time build need to make this comfortable and enjoyable.

Jen
J&J
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:19 pm

:thumbsup: Ya got mine! You will also want a comfortable mattress.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby J&J » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:41 pm

I've read about the foam ones on here and that is the way I want to go. How do they work with heated blankets I've heard it can make it too soft?

Jen
J&J
Teardrop Inspector

Postby robertaw » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:43 pm

My #1 comfort item is a porta-potty, but I see you have that covered.

Secondly, air conditioning for summer nights.

And, as mentioned, a comfy bed.

Those are literally the only things I want in a trailer, which is why I have been giving some thought to a cargo trailer conversion. I just need a place to sleep and pee during the night and I will be a very happy camper.
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby stumphugger » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:04 pm

If you live in a mild, dry climate, a fan in the roof vent is a wonderful thing to have.
stumphugger
500 Club

Postby J&J » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:38 pm

Yes an A/C is a must it gets way too hot in Nebraska. Jeff wants the vent fan for air movement. Thanks for the input. Jen
J&J
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:57 pm

I have a foam mattress and it is too hard in winter so I put an electric blanket to warm it up. You can get foam in the firmness you like. My original bed was from Penny's and I got a firm. Like a rock, so I got a memory foam 2" pad from Sam's club. Great when it is warm.....Like a rock when cold. :lol:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby T@Baker » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:13 pm

I love our Travasak sleeping system. It's a queen sleeping bag with detachable sheets. It has a heavy winter side and a light summer side. After the trip, just rip out the sheets to wash.

We have a memory foam twin and a feather bed twin topper. The feather bed is easier to deal with, but DH likes to sleep on memory foam. Our bed converts to a dinette, so twin sizes are easier for me to pack away during the day.

I have a 9' market umbrella for quick trips, a Coleman 15 Event shelter for longer stays, and a Thermarest add-a-room for longer stays/multiple people.

My preferred port-a-potti is a Luggable Loo.

A comfortable lounge chair is a must ;)
Crystal -
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, crap. She's up."
T@Baker
Teardrop Master

Little bitty spot

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:36 am

I found that I wanted a little spot (small mounted wire basket high up above my head) to put my keys in, hold my earrings/ring that I take off at night when I sleep, a mini flashlight, and a little water bottle for when I wake up at night and am thirsty. I also like a hook right by the door to hang my coat/sweater (and the dog's leash) The coat/sweater can also double as a window curtain if I pull it across the opening.
TDN Those things made me happy, along with a dry spot for my shoes to be close by as well.
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby T@Baker » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:15 am

3M makes some clear plastic trays that are nice for storing things you want to keep handy, too. I use one for our cell phones, one for eye glasses, and a misc. one. I also use a clear plastic shower caddie with suction cups for the outside of the trailer.

This one holds our alarm clock during travel:

Cell phone holder size:
Crystal -
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, crap. She's up."
T@Baker
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:31 am

slowcowboy wrote:wyooming is a dry mild climate and I hate to say I hardly can even find a use for a fan in the summer time. a fan I differ to say is more for areas that have humity. slow.

I thought the cows were all equiped with one to keep the flys off !

:rofl: :rofl:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby J&J » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:51 am

Great ideas, I have my night stand at home for these things why not on the road, the shoes and coat is a must and something I would have over looked on the first trip. Those cow fans are heavy and hard to put in the roof. Jen
J&J
Teardrop Inspector

Postby T@Baker » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:10 pm

J&J wrote:Those cow fans are heavy and hard to put in the roof. Jen

:laughter:

Uh, just stand 'em by the door. They work just as well. Cow bell keeps you oriented.
Crystal -
T@Baker
Teardrop Master

Postby eamarquardt » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:59 pm

No one has suggested that a member of the opposite sex is/might be useful.

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

comfort measures

Postby Jessy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:37 pm

I agree with all of the above suggestions, I would add while I don't want a full galley, I need a spot to heat water or soup and maybe make a snack. I do most of my cooking outside but if it is rainy or really cold it is nice to be able to make something inside .
Jessy
Teardrop Inspector

Next

Return to Lady Teardroppers