build your own custom sink, or anything else you can't find

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

build your own custom sink, or anything else you can't find

Postby rowerwet » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:09 pm

issue 32 spring 2011 of epoxyworks magazine has an article about building impossible to find parts for your boat, another thing they show is how to make your own custom size and shape sink. seems like TD's are just as individual as small boats especially if you add the home built ingredient.
http://www.epoxyworks.com/
another idea would be plexiglass formed over a mold in the oven, homebuilders of airplanes and model airplane builders use this, if you have a well regulated oven it isn't hard.
anybody done something like this?[/i]
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby StandUpGuy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Interesting article. I have an odd shaped shower pan I must accomplish.
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby StandUpGuy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:01 pm

I have a unique plan for my shower pan/toilet base combo. It is an odd shape since it must fit in a difficult spot in the frame of the trailer. Part drops down. I thought I could make a wood pan as I want it and bondo it so it is shaped to drain properly and then I am planning on lining it with a rubber membrane. At the base of the pan where your feet go I am going to try and lay a bed of neopreme adhesive caulk for the "mortor" and lay in some thin little glass tiles. they are very light weight for tiles and I have a small pan so it will not be very much of them. After the neoprene sets I will try to use some more as a "grout". Not sure how it will work but it certainly will hold water.
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby atahoekid » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:47 pm

Very cool, I haven't started my build yet, but I can already think of two items I could build. 1) a sink 2) an insulated "closet" for my 3 gallon keg of homebrewed beer. Thanks for posting the link to the article :thumbsup:
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets