fuel/remedy/liquid suspension issues?

Bicycles for campers, rvers, or just riding around where ever you are

Postby stevem50 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:05 pm

yes, i know how to fix it, i am able to do it, and yes i understand its not worth the stress.. but i am unable to just swallow it. my problem is if there IS a warranty, just do whats right, if you are not going to honor the warranty, dont claim to have one. the manager (where i bought)claimed negligent use and lack of maintenence on the bike, till i told him it was still @ his shop and he should inspect it himself! not a frame ding or speck of dirt.
in my sales career, i have never treated a customer as i have been treated. if they are going to do nothing, that should have been stated from the start. but string the customer along, change the story how many times, then blow me off- thats bad business no matter how you look at it, i dont do it to my customers, and i dont expect to get treated like this.

like i said-TREK SUCKS
next bike is gonna be from a small builder like habenero,salsa,etc... somebody still small enough that if a customer has a problem, they still care about it

i'm done bitching about this thanks for letting me vent
stevem50
Teardrop Master

Postby Noob » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:11 pm

If you work at a bike shop, you should know how this works ... have them fix ( whatever way they seem fit ) it be polite, take it ride it, break it, have them fix it again , take it and ride it, break it again after the 2 or third time, you can "press" ( hahah ... "is this normal?" " I seem to be here a lot ", " I just ride it on the b-path" ... "JRA" ... ) them to replace parts , frames, etc. if they do the right thing you get at leaset part of a new frame, if not the whole thing. ... of course the 1800 number should expedite this process... at some point, they should get sick of you. ( and get you a new frame to make you go away. )
Bend the knees, watch the trees, 5$ please.
Noob
The 300 Club

Postby stevem50 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:52 pm

like i said, i dont want to dance around the issue. just want it fixed. trek corporate says it is loctite or nothing. easy enough, i'm done with them. it will cost me to do it, but at least i know it will be done right
stevem50
Teardrop Master

Postby stevem50 » Sun May 15, 2011 8:41 am

a quick update-after weighing the options, weld/remachine the frame or let the dealer loctite the bearings, i let the dealer go with the manufacturers fix. i was told that after i "modified" the frame, all warranty would be voided. so they glued it, and 2 hours into the first xc ride, would you believe the rear end was creaking and loose again ?!?

i calmed down and tried to go with the flow, but the bike is crap.
trek's all-mountain design is not worthy of lite cross country duty.
did i mention i weigh in at a whopping 165 lbs.-
skinny guy+trek remedy=broken remedy.
what exactly did they intend this bike be used for?
stevem50
Teardrop Master

Postby Fenlason » Mon May 16, 2011 5:59 am

I was going to make some smarta$$ comment about it being one of those roof rack models. Made for those that like to pretend they ride.. and just keep a bike on their roof rack... :roll:

but if I was in your shoes... I probably would not want to hear that right now.

This sucks....Sorry... :(
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby stevem50 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:01 am

you hit the nail on the head- looks real cool, and ON PAPER a pretty bad-a$$ bike, in the real world, leave it at the shop and buy something else
stevem50
Teardrop Master

Postby SteveF » Wed May 18, 2011 7:50 am

I've usually heard pretty good things about Trek's warranty service--maybe now that their first option has failed to fix your troubles, you can move to the next level of warranty? I'd recommend taking it back to the shop and asking. Try to rise above your frustration and get them on "your side." I suspect that if they go forward to Trek as advocates for you, you might get more satisfaction.

Good luck! This must be a frustrating situation.
SteveF
Teardrop Master

Postby stevem50 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:59 am

nope, the warranty has changed. no more lifetime warranty- they say the frames will wear out, and when they do you are on your own to replace it. the only way to get a new one would be to snap the head tube off or break the rear triangle, and if that happens they can just claim owner abuse, (and i'll probably break my neck)

long story short, support an independent bike builder, they are still small enough that they care about their customers! big corporations selling thousands of bikes don't worry if they "just" lose one customer, it wont affect the bottom line. corporate desk jockeys who don't ride have no place in my bike world anymore. lesson learned
stevem50
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Bicycles