PA/MD: Gettysburg Region Antique Car Show - June 11, 2011

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

PA/MD: Gettysburg Region Antique Car Show - June 11, 2011

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:30 am

This probably belongs in the Off Topic section, but I posted here since its a regional event (although not teardrop related)

Just a heads up for anyone in the South-Central PA/Northern MD looking for something to do on Saturday June 11, 2011.

My parents and I are involved with the Gettysburg Region Antique Automobile Club of America. Our region's annual antique & classic car & truck show/flea market is at Latimore Valley Fairgrounds, just North of York Springs, PA. The featured vehicles this year are Ford Model A's & Model T's.

If you are interested in more information, check out our new website or message me.

http://www.AACA.org/Gettysburg

Thanks! :thumbsup:
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby parnold » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:11 pm

Guess this means you're not going to the Adirondacks that weekend.
parnold
Donating Member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:30 pm

Nope, not gonna be able to make it this year. Never made reservations because I didnt know if I would be moving south or not. When I do decide to go up to ADK, I want to be able to make a very long weekend out of it, and my vacation days are very limited right now since I will just be starting a new job mid-May.
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby parnold » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:42 pm

Bummer. My family reunion is that weekend, and with both of my parents in the mid 80's, I probably won't make it either, and I even scheduled off the Thursday and Friday for that weekend. :cry:
parnold
Donating Member

Postby the other side » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:50 pm

Where are you going to be camping, or are you?
the other side
The 300 Club

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:58 pm

I probably wont be camping since I'll be taking a car to the show, but believe there are a few campgrounds within 15-20 minutes of the show. Dillsburg is right up Route 15, and has one or two. Gifford Pinchot State Park is about 20-25 minutes east of the fairgrounds, and has pretty nice facilities.

There is a small camping area next to the fairgrounds, but its owned by the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing, and sites are bought for the year. I'm not sure of the nitty gritty details, but I do know its not open to the public. I may try to work something out next year.
Last edited by absolutsnwbrdr on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby the other side » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:09 pm

I'll look into the local campgrounds. My daughter and I LOVE going to car shows!
the other side
The 300 Club

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:02 am

the other side wrote:I'll look into the local campgrounds. My daughter and I LOVE going to car shows!

Its a great show! I'm trying to get pictures from past shows to put on the website. I took about 150 pictures last year, and when I got home the memory card decided that it no longer wanted to work so I lost everything.

:cry:
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Return to Northeast