long shower

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

long shower

Postby droid_ca » Thu May 05, 2011 7:48 pm

I found this interesting idea would like your imput

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBMFVm5OJdM
There is a world, just beyond now,
where reality runs a razor thin seam between fact and possibility;

Anywhere I roam where I lay my head is home....
“Fide Canem”
Please check out my build thread
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=52816
droid_ca
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Thu May 05, 2011 7:58 pm

I'm thinking about all the gunk that's in the shower drain....

I think I'd rather collect my water in a wash tub and use it that way instead. Either way, I'd still want a fresh water final rinse or I wouldn't feel clean.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby eamarquardt » Thu May 05, 2011 8:02 pm

I've often thought of doing something along these lines. You could easily make your own with a Shurflo pump and one of the small undersink water heaters to keep the water hot. Would need to test to see if the small undersink could keep the water hot.

Cool or hot depending on your point of view!

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby 8ball_99 » Sat May 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Thats a great idea.. As far as showering in your own filth.. You wash with soap and water.. Let it drain then close the drain and recirculate the water after that.. It would be much cleaner then say a long bath. Not many people shower then get in the tub, If you do thats a pretty big waste of water.. With this idea you can take very long showers and use maybe 10 gallons of water.. Pretty slick...
8ball_99
500 Club

Postby droid_ca » Sat May 07, 2011 11:03 pm

thats what I was thinking you could use your shower therapeuticly for soar muscles to warm up or cool off or a way to get extra time while you make breakfast for your partner I can see a lot of uses for it

“Fide Canem”
droid_ca
Donating Member

Postby eamarquardt » Sun May 08, 2011 6:40 am

8ball_99 wrote:Thats a great idea.. As far as showering in your own filth.. You wash with soap and water.. Let it drain then close the drain and recirculate the water after that.. It would be much cleaner then say a long bath. Not many people shower then get in the tub, If you do thats a pretty big waste of water.. With this idea you can take very long showers and use maybe 10 gallons of water.. Pretty slick...

Agreed. Any linigering concerns could be dealt with with a second quick soap down and rinse at the end of the "soak". Not many folks rinse off with clean water after taking a bath either!

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby droid_ca » Sun May 08, 2011 11:35 am

so I guess you could call it your vertical bath

“Fide Canem”
droid_ca
Donating Member

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets