Grilled Steak

Your recipes which you'd like to see in the T&TTT Cookbook #2.

Moderator: Mike B

Grilled Steak

Postby chorizon » Tue May 10, 2011 7:38 pm

Grilled Steak:

Ingredients:

Rib-eye steak, NY Strip, T-bone (add 1-1/2 minutes to any cut with the bone-in/per side)

Kosher Salt

Black Pepper (preferably fresh-ground)

Directions:

Sprinkle the Kosher Salt and crack some Black Pepper on both sides and rub it in.

Pre-heat grill on high heat and let it warm up.

Throw the steaks on when the grill is good and hot (500-600 degrees)

Close the lid and forget about it (yeah right!) for 3 minutes.

Then give the steaks a flip and grill for 3 more minutes.

Put the steaks on a plate and cover them with tinfoil for 5 minutes to let them rest.

Then serve!

These steaks turn out phenomenal.
Good stuff!

One other thing to note, when I yank the steaks off the grill they are probably somewhere between rare and medium-rare. After the "resting" period they are a perfect medium-rare! :thumbsup:
chorizon
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Mike B » Tue May 10, 2011 8:56 pm

This will be in the 2nd edition of the cookbook. Thanks very much.

Mike
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Postby asianflava » Wed May 11, 2011 12:23 am

I put veg oil on them before putting on the "rub". It helps the rub stick on and gives it a good sear. Olive oil has a lower smoke point so it doesn't work as well.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Wed May 18, 2011 4:20 pm

jushua what if one wanted his steak well done or no dead cow bellering?

this sounds like a great recipe. how much longer on the grill for dead steak?

and where did you get the salt at?

I am tempted for a try on this one recipe.

Slowcowboy. I think with a home grown wyoming made fresh anugs steak this will make a good recipe. I normaly like to butcher at 18 months not quite 2 years. it makes for a much more tender steaks and meat.

been thinking kinda dumb but if i could hit and good size teardrop gathering and share some wyoming beef you all could eat like kings.

just a dumb idea. pack it out in coolers and about a quarter of a beef and pass it out for free to let you all see what eating meat grown in america is like compared to the forgine meat they sale in the grocery stores and let you eat the first free steak in your life. I would rather share it than sell it.

just to help people and be a neigbor. just a dumb idea.

I wander how much ice it would take to give people a fresh bite of wyoming raise meat say like in miden nebraska at the big june gathering?

I know it gets real hot over there.
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Wed May 18, 2011 4:21 pm

I just had a tooth pulled yesterday and have to eat liquieds and chicken suoup and you guys recipe for grilled steak and photos is getting me so hungery. I can't wait till I can chew something solid!!!!!!

thank God I have only one tooth missing.

Slowcowboy.
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Return to T&TTT Cookbook #2