This information was posted on the following ebay page.
I have no connections with the company.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Teardrop ... 1652wt_948
You are bidding on a NEW reproduction of a classic 1950's Ailette Piccolo. The Ailette Piccolo was a french teardrop trailer that was popular in Europe during the 50's and 60's. While they were very basic, they were also extremely LIGHTWEIGHT, attractive and could be towed by any car - even European microcars like the BMW Isetta, Fiat 500, and Citroen 2CV. The camper body is 100% aluminum and very lightweight. It is even lighter than many composite materials like fiberglass. The KRC Ailettear (our name for the reproduction trailer) weighs only 400 lbs. fully optioned out. The basic Ailettear weight is about 200 lbs. A Toyota Prius, Honda Fit, Nissan Leaf, Smart car, or even a touring motorcycle can tow one.
The KRC Ailettear is the only ultra-lightweight camper made in the U.S.A. with over 95% US materials.
Introducing the Ailettear:
The bed area is 75" long x 54" wide - just enough room for two adults and perhaps a small child.
Chuck wagon portable kitchen
The portable cooking station mounts at the front of the camper on the tongue. The chuck wagon has extendable legs, fold out work area for camp stove, a small sink, cooler, and a slide out tray for utensils. While the chuck wagon is not pictured, it too is all aluminum.
Standard features on the Ailettear.
• 100% ultra-lightweight aluminum body.
• .040 aluminum door frame and skin.
• Body available in hunter green/white top, baby blue/white top, red/white top, pink/antique white top, aqua/white top, or fully polished (extra cost).
• Round or streamlined fenders
• Standard round tail lights or you can choose optional lights that match your tow vehicle (as shown)
• Roof vent with reversible fan
• Horizontal sliding windows in the side of the body
• Custom strong boxed steel frame
• 2" Custom steel frame trailer
• Trailer tongue jack with wheel
• Safety chains
• Either Round 6-pin or Flat 4-pin trailer connector
• Hitch coupler 2" ball
• 1000 lbs. Reliable torsion axle
• 12" tires and wheels painted to match the camper
Body Dimensions 56" wide x 46" tall x 82" long;
Trailer Dry Weight 200-400 lbs
Bed Size (Queen) 54" wide / 75" long
Overall Length 108"
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (G.V.W.R.) 1000 lbs
Overall Width 70"