Old Dominion Tearjerkers Shenandoah Summer Fun July 8-10 '11

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Old Dominion Tearjerkers Shenandoah Summer Fun July 8-10 '11

Postby wanders » Tue May 17, 2011 4:54 pm

It's that time again folks! Back to Verona for river tubing, fishing, hot tubs, tame bunnies and more...

Here are the details....

Friday July 8th through Sunday July 10 2011 at the Shenandoah Valley Campground in Verona, VA. The campground has full facilities and is located on the Middle River, a Shenandoah tributary. The location is near the Junction of I81 and I 64 so will be very convenient. Their website is http://campingisfun.com/. We have 10 sites blocked out. 49-58.
If you have a reasonably fast Internet connection, be sure to check out the virtual tour. It’s pretty cool! There is even Karaoke and a DJ on weekends for those interested. They are not kidding about the tame rabbits!

The hot tubs are good too!

If you fish, bring your gear. There is a stocked pond on site, as well as good smallmouth bass fishing in the river itself.

There’s a lot to do in the surrounding area including wineries, walking tours of historic Staunton, theater, and hiking on the Blue Ridge Parkway. There is a supermarket close by for all the things you forgot to pack.

The rate is $37.00 per night for two people. Make your reservations EARLY as this place is quite popular and tends to fill up fast in peak season. When you reserve, let them know that you are with the Tearjerkers and the Andersons. That way they will keep us together. Call 1-800-310-2580 to reserve. The folks at the campground have blocked out 14 sites for us so we can all be together. All sites are along the river and have water and electricity.

Plan on a potluck dinner Saturday night.

Let’s get a good turnout! Please post, e mail or PM me when you register.

Cathi and I look forward to seeing y'all.
Last edited by wanders on Thu May 19, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wally & Cathi

Director- Old Dominion Tearjerkers

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

verona

Postby kiblerk » Thu May 19, 2011 1:52 pm

hey wally! is this for this summer?

k
kiblerk
Teardrop Builder

Re: verona

Postby wanders » Thu May 19, 2011 4:11 pm

kiblerk wrote:hey wally! is this for this summer?

k

Yes! Editing to clarify...
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby kiblerk » Thu May 19, 2011 8:46 pm

i have registered for the weekend. i think we have the site on the end. 50 something. sure am looking forward to it.
kiblerk
Teardrop Builder

Postby the other side » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:49 pm

How many people do you have going so far? My daughter and I want to try to make it!!! You all are still going right?
the other side
The 300 Club

Postby wanders » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:00 pm

the other side wrote:How many people do you have going so far? My daughter and I want to try to make it!!! You all are still going right?

Come on! We'd love to have you! So far, ourselves, Kay and you if you make it.
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby the other side » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:31 am

What site numbers do you all and Kay have (the specific sites you picked, not the block of sites)? If we don't fill up all of our sites (that are reserved for us) I don't wanna be separated from you all!
the other side
The 300 Club

Postby the other side » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:37 pm

Have you all been to this campground before? Do you know what is between site 48 and 49? There is an X between the 2 sites. And is the other end of the group of sites buisy with people dumping all of the time, because I notice a sewer dump across from the other end of the row of sites we have blocked out for us? I want to reserve a site, but wanna know the scoop before I commit! And are you all checking in on the 8th or is anyone going a little earlier?
the other side
The 300 Club

Postby wanders » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:36 am

the other side wrote:Have you all been to this campground before? Do you know what is between site 48 and 49? There is an X between the 2 sites. And is the other end of the group of sites buisy with people dumping all of the time, because I notice a sewer dump across from the other end of the row of sites we have blocked out for us? I want to reserve a site, but wanna know the scoop before I commit! And are you all checking in on the 8th or is anyone going a little earlier?

We've been to this place 2 years in a row. No complaints. I'd call the campgraound and quiz them about the sites to get what you'd like.

We will be there Friday after I get off work ( We live nearby)
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby the other side » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:39 pm

For the pot luck on Saturday can I bring cole slaw and something else? I am not the greatest cook, but I can make a pretty good cole slaw (or atleast I really like my cole slaw)? I can also make a pretty good maccaroni salad (my daughter requested that too). As far as a main dish, I could provide meat, but you probably don't want me to cook it. Unless it is a crock pot stew (which I can do and it tastes good).
the other side
The 300 Club

Postby the other side » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:14 am

Ok I got my reservation! If you call and don't get them, keep trying.
the other side
The 300 Club

Postby wanders » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:59 am

the other side wrote:For the pot luck on Saturday can I bring cole slaw and something else? I am not the greatest cook, but I can make a pretty good cole slaw (or atleast I really like my cole slaw)? I can also make a pretty good maccaroni salad (my daughter requested that too). As far as a main dish, I could provide meat, but you probably don't want me to cook it. Unless it is a crock pot stew (which I can do and it tastes good).

Cathi and I will bring charcoal and a grill, so we can cook up whatever you like.
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

new recruits!

Postby kiblerk » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:09 pm

hey wally! sam sold the teardrop he bought and the folks that bought it may come camp too! i gave them all the info and they are going to make reservations. hope there's still room?! see you guys soon.

k
kiblerk
Teardrop Builder

Re: new recruits!

Postby wanders » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:13 am

kiblerk wrote:hey wally! sam sold the teardrop he bought and the folks that bought it may come camp too! i gave them all the info and they are going to make reservations. hope there's still room?! see you guys soon.

k

Hey Kay,

Good stuff! Bring them on....
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Update

Postby wanders » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:56 pm

Have 4 sites reserved plus another probable.

If you are on the fence, reserve a site ASAP! This place is fun!
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Northeast