:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Classic!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby Synthesis » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:11 pm

No Fly Zone

About six months into my job at the Supervalu Helpdesk, I found myself without a whole lot to do.

I was already at the top of my game, was considered the go to guy for the support I did, and had written several documents in-use corporation wide.
Looking for something to do, the thought crossed my mind that I had not folded a paper airplane in a while.

In my younger days in school, I was a regular Naval Air Base with numerous paper aircraft ready to launch in the event of a scramble alert, or an incoming spitball.

I had long range bombers, stealth fighters, kamikaze jets and “bricksâ€
Synthesis
Teardrop Master

Postby Ratkity » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:17 pm

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby Synthesis » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:19 pm

VERY amateur fiction. My first attempt actually...

He recalled the almond shape of her emerald green eyes with a vivid clarity that would haunt him for the rest of his life.

As these thoughts enveloped his mind, a brief, sharp pain in his left wrist caused him to gasp. An involuntary twitch of the muscles in the arm as the body’s instincts screamed at them to pull the arm away. The restraints prevented him from doing so.

The bright light overhead was near blinding, causing his head to hurt. The anti-septic smell in the room and the cold unyielding steel table beneath him only served to remind him of where he was, and what was about to happen. He could barely see the people shuffling into the room on the other side of the glass wall.

He closed his eyes and went back to that cool autumn day when she had walked through the door. He could tell by her motions as she tossed her keys in the dish on the table that she had had a bad day. She had been crying, the mascara running down her cheeks.

He moved toward her and without a word, enveloped her in his arms. She placed her head against his chest and just sobbed for a few moments as he held her.

She pulled back, looked up at him and smiled, her bright green eyes glistening through the tears.

The rest of the memory was lost as the nurse checked the chest and leg straps.

He couldn’t remember how the argument started that day or even what it was about; only that it had lasted for what seemed like an eternity. She had packed her suit case and set it at the top of the stairs as he begged her not to leave. She said “I need time to thinkâ€
Synthesis
Teardrop Master

Postby Synthesis » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:40 am

I knew it. I'm a thread killer. :)
Synthesis
Teardrop Master

Fiction

Postby queeniejeanne » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:01 am

Very awesome, though downing a bit. I totally liked it. I am not a pro either. So we all are not critical, nor are any of us who write here a thread killer :o :o So keep writing and we will keep reading. I don't always have time to come back to the site....long time since I was on....Queenie Jeanne
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby Tumbleweed_Tex » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:38 pm

ARREBATADO

On the east side of Granny Tex’s barn, beside the footpath and sorta up under the big purple martin house, was a perennial pepper bush that produced buckets-full of what the old folks called bird’s eye peppers. Tiny, round, green, and glossy, the fruit turned red when ripened, at which time Granny Tex would fill several glass bottles with peppers and vinegar, and set them on the back shelf in the cupboard to “mellowâ€
Tumbleweed_Tex
cowboy storyteller extraordinaire

Postby queeniejeanne » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Glad to see you back in high stepping fashion, even if it was to the outhouseQueenieJeanne
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:05 pm

I'm having Tex withdrawal. It's been way too long since you've posted anything, Tex.
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ratkity » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Somehow, I missed the latest Tex Little Cowboy story!!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :thumbsup:

Sometimes, my "read" and "unread" icons reset and everything is marked read. Go figger.

Poor little Tex!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tumbleweed_Tex » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:05 am

Actually…

I’ve been working on the book.

:)
Tumbleweed_Tex

Postby Ratkity » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:41 am

Tumbleweed_Tex wrote:Actually…

I’ve been working on the book.

:)

YaaaaaaHOOOOOOOO!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Re: Teardrop Fiction

Postby southpennrailroad » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:37 am

Many years ago I was fortunate enough to get a company truck to use for the weekend to get it ready for work. I was working on it that Saturday afternoon, when a neighborhood kid comes buy and asked to see how you drill holes with a battery powered drill. I showed him and the gave a piece of wood to the kid for him to practice with. Well I had to go into the house for a second and when I returned the drill was on the truck's tailgate and the kid was gone. Later that night I had to take a drive when of course suddenly I had a flat tire. It was dark and I jacked up the truck and went for the spare that was normally standing on the back bed side of the truck. Wouldn't you know it the spare was flat. The darn kid apparently took the piece of wood and drilled through it into the spare tire realized what he had done and fled. :lol: No I wasn't mad just realized he was just a kid. I should have stayed with him. Lessons learned!
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby queeniejeanne » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:47 pm

Hey, that story is funny, i don't care who you are......and I won't let you be the THREAD KILLER on this one anyway...right guys......lets get some more out here and start writing before we have to buy Tex's Book....lolol :R Queenie Jeanne
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby Tumbleweed_Tex » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:25 am

I wandered in here to look around and see if I wanted to include any of this stuff in the book.

Anyone know why the text in a lot of the pieces is screwed up or lost?
Tumbleweed_Tex

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic