Water pump built in reverse

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Water pump built in reverse

Postby southpennrailroad » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:31 pm

What was the chance that I bought a replacement pump to replace a burned out one (HF 12 volt pump) and the new one baffled me for some time for not working until I saw air bubbles going into the tank and decided to change the hoses and found that the wheel is put on backwards. :?

It has a face plate that shows which way the water outlet is going but had to change the hoses to go the other way. :roll: Back up and running though. :thumbsup:
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby Dale M. » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:37 pm

You sure you did not wire it up with reverse polarity?

Dale
Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Any statement made by me are strictly my own opinion.
You are free to ignore anything I say if you do not agree.

Dale M.
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Dale M. wrote:You sure you did not wire it up with reverse polarity?

Dale

Sat for an hour changing wires on the batt thinking like you and then took the hoses off and tested the wires and only when I took the hoses off that I saw the water shoot out backwards. Works that's all I need.
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets