Any match-makers out there?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby TheresaD » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Slow... Trust me when I tell you that I understand what it's like to be single and not meeting anyone. It stinks. Not having alot of social outlets around your area definitely makes things more difficult. One thing that I would like to suggest to you and I hope you don't mind me saying it is.... Don't get ahead of yourself when you do meet someone nice. While I can understand that you want to get married and have a family, if you do meet a nice woman, take it slow and get to know her a bit before you let her know how much you want to be married. Give it a couple of dates and see if you guys click personality wise and if there seems to be a mutual attraction. If there is, then find out her views on marriage and children. Then decide from there if you think it's worth it to invest much more time. If you come right out on a first date and say that you're looking for a wife some women might get kind of spooked and think you're trying to rush things. Chances are if you're out on a date with a woman she'll be sizing you up as well to see if she can picture you in her future. You need to see if the chemistry is right before you can even think of whether or not she'd be a good wife. I'm sure you'll meet someone very nice. Just let yourself enjoy the dance a little bit when you do meet the next girl.
Here's another idea for you... Since alot of your in town outlets aren't producing many opportunities for you, why not think about going camping somewhere close to you. You have mentioned in some of your other posts on the forum that you often go off camping on your own or with a couple of buddies in the great outdoors in Wyoming. Give some thought to taking your teardrop to a local campground a few times where other folks will be. As you know from this forum, lots of women camp on their own. Who knows. If you go to a campground for a few days and take some time to stroll around and meet some fellow campers you just might meet up with someone very nice. If you do, you will already know that you have at least one common interest. You both like to camp. If you don't necessarily meet a single woman there you might meet someone that knows one. Some of the private campgrounds have activities and dances for the campers on the weekends. You never know who you might meet. Plus... it will give you good practice for meeting up with other campers when you go to your first gathering! :thumbsup:
Good luck in your quest to meet Miss. Right and take comfort in knowing that you are not alone in being alone!!
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby TheresaD » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:28 pm

I hear ya.. I get the blues about being single sometimes too. Sometimes ya just have to try to shake it off. Keep in mind though, you're really not all that old. Mid-thirties for a guy isn't old at all. (Heck I think that's just about the time some of them start getting their acts together.) You've still got plenty of time to meet someone nice and settle down. Remember... you're biological clock isn't ticking like a woman's is... Heck my dad is 15 years older than my mom and she had me when she was in her early thirties. So don't sweat the age thing. You'd be surprised at how many women like guys that are at least a few years older than they are. There really are alot of them out there!
Hang in there!
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby sagebrush » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:17 pm

TheresaD wrote:I hear ya.. I get the blues about being single sometimes too. Sometimes ya just have to try to shake it off. Keep in mind though, you're really not all that old. Mid-thirties for a guy isn't old at all. (Heck I think that's just about the time some of them start getting their acts together.)
Hang in there!

:lol: I gotta warn you Slow, my Lovely Assistant came from about 10 miles north of TeresaD. Get an eastern gal out here and treat her like a lady, she will never go east again. :thumbsup:

;) Sorry folks, just going along with Miriam C :oops:

:thinking: :lol: " You betcha cause everyone is a matchmaker at heart!"
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Mukilteo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:47 pm

:lol:
Last edited by Mukilteo on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric
Mukilteo
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:58 pm

Mukilteo wrote:In my experiences I have found this to be true for me. :lol:

Ment to be a light hearted attempt at humor.

Man going in circles with one oar out of water......
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Moho » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:Man going in circles with one oar out of water......

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Moho
Teardrop Master

Postby Oldragbaggers » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:38 am

Steve_Cox wrote:
Mukilteo wrote:In my experiences I have found this to be true for me. :lol:

Ment to be a light hearted attempt at humor.

Man going in circles with one oar out of water......

That's because he doesn't have a woman to remind him to put the other oar in the water. And by the way, pull over there and ask directions, so you'll stop going in circles
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby Maureenm » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:16 pm

You got that right!
:thumbsup: