Toilet Vent Question

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Postby Tabazooron » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:11 pm

The "casette toilets" have their own tank, like a porta-potty but they are very expensive and the installation is special!
Different strokes for differemt folks, I guess.
Ron
T@Bazoo
Ron H
Great Lakes Chapter of TearJerkers
Tabazooron
Silver Donating Member

Postby StandUpGuy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:51 pm

Mybathroom is all framed out and ready to be plumbed. I have not planned for an internal tank and so there is not room for one to be installed. What I can do is plan for the portable tank and on the trailer toilet main drain put a clean out on one end so if it gets caked up I can still clean it easily. As shown in my very bad paint drawing.

By justoneman at 2011-08-14
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Hardware stores may have them for less. HD sells it.
Invented mainly for islands in kitchens that have no place for a vent.
Image[/quote]

if this is out doors already and connecting it to the tank you may want to make sure it is high up so when you roll the tank it does not spill out there. or you could put in a PVC ball valve between.
:cigar: Just remember to reopen it put a note on it saying open when in use.
Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby CarlLaFong » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:50 pm

StandUpGuy wrote:Mybathroom is all framed out and ready to be plumbed. I have not planned for an internal tank and so there is not room for one to be installed. What I can do is plan for the portable tank and on the trailer toilet main drain put a clean out on one end so if it gets caked up I can still clean it easily. As shown in my very bad paint drawing.

By justoneman at 2011-08-14

The toilet that you have drawn will not work. When you go, errr......doo doo, it will sit right where it lands. Trust me, it does not, as the old adage says, roll downhill unless you have the digestive system of a goat. It will take a great deal of water to flush everything towards the portable tank, something that an RV toilet cannot do. This is why, when you camp where there are hookups and you have a regular black water system, you do not leave the gate valve open. You open it when you're near full so the accumulated liquids will wash out the tank as it rushes out. If you just leave it open, all the poop will sit at the bottom of the tank, the liquids will trickle out and you will have a real mess to clean out later.
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
"As I wandered, alone, through the endless fields of corn, I could hear the crows. They seemed to mock me, calling out my name, over and over", said Cawe
CarlLaFong
500 Club

Postby StandUpGuy » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:33 pm

Then how do people use these wheeled black water tanks?
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby StandUpGuy » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:28 pm

That makes sense to me. You got your poo and you have your near horizontal pipe. Seems like a problem.I could probably eliminate any horizontal at all. It would be less convienient to attach everything.

By justoneman at 2011-10-09
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CarlLaFong » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:07 pm

That'll work. It may be a bit more difficult to hook up. If the toilet is against an exterior wall, you can leave your flex line long enough to connect it to the tank and then roll it under the trailer, allowing the flex to collapse until you have a straight shot from the pot to the tank
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
"As I wandered, alone, through the endless fields of corn, I could hear the crows. They seemed to mock me, calling out my name, over and over", said Cawe
CarlLaFong
500 Club

Postby StandUpGuy » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:19 pm

CarlLaFong wrote:That'll work. It may be a bit more difficult to hook up. If the toilet is against an exterior wall, you can leave your flex line long enough to connect it to the tank and then roll it under the trailer, allowing the flex to collapse until you have a straight shot from the pot to the tank
The outlet straight down from the toilet would only be about 16" from the side of the trailer. Not too bad really. I do not have experience in using any RV type toilets just a marine toilet in a sailboat I used to own, so I appreciate the feedback.
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets