Coleman Keepers Campfire come on in!

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Postby doug hodder » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:46 pm

You could do up a nice back piece...a lantern on one side/ stove on the other...then all the models you have in you collection listed under each picture.

Maybe a nice piece on your arms...."White gas rules...propane drools" or for those with a more "skin head" attitude....WHITE gas POWER!

For a bumper sticker....My 252 puts out more light than your 200A. Yada Yada yada....lots of possibilities...Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby DragonFire » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Keep going with that thought!! Wouldn't it be hilarious to have stickers...bumper stickers or otherwise with crazy sayings on them like that and then the Coleman Keepers logo?

I still need to get my 70's Coleman stove back down here. And my Coleman lantern. My other 2 lanterns are Coleman propane.

I do want some old lanterns...and I know where there is a stove without the white gas tank...

I'll keep my eyes open. I guess if I find something I'll figure out if it works and if it doesn't, how the heck to fix it (as long as the dang thing isn't rusted through!)

Somehow I just know Daddy taught me to replace the dang mantels at a tender age so I could grow up to be mixed up with you folks and not look like a total flatlander!!

Actually...he hated changing the mantels, so if he taught his kids to do it he wouldn't have to!!
'79 Grasshopper
Coleman Keepers 200a Gang
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby DragonFire » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:59 pm

OOOHHHH!!! Had an idea...our scooter club has 'donation patches' every year...simple rectangular patches with a background color and contrasting thread color, different each year. These patches are I think only a few bucks each...and made back east. I'll double check on that, but I think our supplier is here in the US.

BUT..the idea is to have special lantern numbers or other rare pieces on a patch...so if you have that piece in your collection and can document it somehow (you guys will figure that out) then they can get that patch to compliment their club patch. I realize there are going to be people with multiples of things, but getting the first item of that category and possibly restoring it or otherwise causing it to light would entitle that member to wear that item's patch. Some folks are going to be very patched up..others not so much. But when the Coleman Keepers walk into a campground or Coleman show people will know they mean business!!

What do you think??

I've tossed out the idea of the logo to my friend...I'll keep you posted.
'79 Grasshopper
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby canned o minimum » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:41 am

This sorta thang happened so fast ! "Colors" and such...but I like it a LOT ! And the bumper stickers ! Oh yeah !! :lol: :thumbsup:
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:18 am

My tag line on the Coleman forum...."white gas....it's what cooks dinner" could be a cool bumper sticker....
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby campmaster-k » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:41 am

3822sean wrote:i bet kirk already has one just dont want to show it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not inked. But I always kind of wanted one. I think Coleman might just be the subject. If I do it I will show it off proudly. 8)
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

Postby DragonFire » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:35 am

OK...my friend is going to give the official patch a shot! I'll send him some pictures of the patches posted. Anyone else have a good source for other Coleman/vintage camping equipment patches/logos? I don't want the Coleman Keepers to look like they ripped off someone else's design.

I like that rectangular one with WA state on it and the lantern next to it...Just because it's different. Think rectangular with a teardrop....and a lantern next to it! "Coleman Keepers" on the top of the patch.. Or "T&TTT Coleman Keepers" and maybe a catchy 'bumper sticker' slogan underneath??

I'll start sending Scott the pictures tomorrow after the DMV trip. If you have something else you have in mind post it here and we can all throw out ideas and see what sticks.
'79 Grasshopper
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby DragonFire » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:54 pm

I caught it. I knew I would. I was hoping to hold out a little longer, but it got me.

I now own a Coleman 200A.

I need to get some fuel and give it a mantle (I just happen to have some lying around...) and then hope for the best...

Good news: It only has the one mantle I can screw up!

Can't wait to see what I can find tomorrow.

I also picked up 2 replacement globes for 220/228/235/290 lanterns. They were 99 cents each!
'79 Grasshopper
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby Ratkity » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:49 pm

DragonFire wrote:I caught it. I knew I would. I was hoping to hold out a little longer, but it got me.

I now own a Coleman 200A.

I need to get some fuel and give it a mantle (I just happen to have some lying around...) and then hope for the best...

Good news: It only has the one mantle I can screw up!

Can't wait to see what I can find tomorrow.

I also picked up 2 replacement globes for 220/228/235/290 lanterns. They were 99 cents each!

P.I.C.T.U.R.E.S.!!!

LOL

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby DragonFire » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:26 pm

Everyone knows what that lantern looks like!!

I haven't explored how to post pictures here yet. I need to do that. But first I'll get some white gas and see if the lantern even works...
'79 Grasshopper
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby Ratkity » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:17 am

DragonFire wrote:Everyone knows what that lantern looks like!!

I haven't explored how to post pictures here yet. I need to do that. But first I'll get some white gas and see if the lantern even works...

Pffft, we might KNOW what a 200a looks like, but each one has personality and is unique! It's like acquiring a new child. Will it be temperamental? Will it spit and then calm down, knowing it is now owned by a true Coleman Keeper? Will it need some TLC? Will it instinctively know it's in a good home now? Soooo many questions can be answered by a mere picture (preferably a series of it being lit and happily burning).

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby campmaster-k » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:04 am

DragonFire wrote:Everyone knows what that lantern looks like!!

We want to see YOUR 200A. :D
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

Postby DragonFire » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:25 pm

Mine has a bit of personality...it has a couple dings, some rust I need to clean off, and it was engraved by 'Troop 123' on the fount.

I'll hit Wally World today and pick up some fuel and some more spare mantels...after reading about these 5' flames (why don't I remember that??) I want to be sure I can get it lit and glowing nicely.

Besides, the mantles I have are the cheater ones...metal clip. I hate tying mantles on. Hate it. But will do it for my 'new' 1969 lantern!
'79 Grasshopper
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby Lazybones » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:17 pm

WOW! This group has really gone off the deep end. Patches?? Bumper stickers?? If they're made I :lol: want one.
Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Ask yourself these simple questions every time you are in doubt about any action.
Lazybones
500 Club

Postby DragonFire » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:35 pm

you didn't warn me about this when you sent me here.....

You know I'm a pot stirrer.

You know if someone throws out an idea I'm going to run with it.

And...I bought a 220F today ('71). Well used, but will need a teardown. So that will be my project lamp. I guess I need to order some parts...

I'll get pictures. They will be iphone pics but better than nothing.

Lee is going to be a Coleman Keeper!! ha!
'79 Grasshopper
DragonFire
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment