what do you collect ?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Postby canned o minimum » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:14 pm

No.. yer BAD,Kirk.. bad,bad,bad ! And I can only wish to be AS bad as you !

BTW.. collectin ain't a bad thang... only when ya git caught at it !

You sir... have been found out ! Now go "gather" sum Coleman !
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hazelc » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:18 am

Wait a minute. I thought you were an enlightened keeper of the light. That doesn't sound like a collector to me.
Hazel
hazelc
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Verna » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Telephones (nothing quite as extensive as 4123's collection :shock: ), telephone company memorabilia, and telephone company related tools, especially those that I used over my almost 40 year career.

Coca-Cola memorabilia....I guess when family members feel they have absolutely no idea what to get me, then they get me something with Coca-Cola on it. Looking at my Coca-Cola Baker's Rack....the rack is the only Coca-Cola "thing" that I have purchased for myself--the rest are gifts.

Hardwood lumber....I just cannot pass up a great or even a good sale on hardwood. Of course, I do woodworking as a hobby, so it will eventually be used.

Woodworking tools....it's so hard to have EVERY SINGLE tool that you need. Of course I may have to admit I may have a few gadgets that I've never used...maybe......

Over the past 7 1/2 years I've collected 163,000+ miles on my 2004 GMC Canyon pickup :lol:

Is that enough collecting, Bobhenry?????

Verna
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:18 pm

Well, I can't say it's not functional but I collect U.S. Navy wardroom china. The blue rim on white with the fouled anchor used in the officers mess. I have a bit of the King's pattern silver with the U.S.N. engraved on it too. My husband is retired Navy and it is very nostalgic for him.

I used to spend hours on eBay looking for it until I discovered the teardrop forums. It's been a long time since I've bought a piece now......

:thinking:
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby Mini Renegade » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:14 am

If you were to ask my wife what I collect she would say junk.
If you were to ask me it would be tools, things that may one day be usefull and model cars
If evvr tha dus owt fr nowt, allus do it fr thissen
Mini Renegade
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:33 am

Won't be long and this thread will be 4 years old and still bumping along how cool is that ?
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby canned o minimum » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:07 am

Sum thangs are timeless... and we collectors never quit !
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby SmokeyBob » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Junk :beautiful:
Pics for Building the Alegria I
To view video click Here

Bob & Judith
SmokeyBob
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby canned o minimum » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:01 pm

"I" prefer to call it "trash & treasures".. one mans trash is another mans treasure !
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby DragonFire » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Becky...I see those pieces all the time. Anything in particular that you need to complete a set? I'll be out looking for stuff tomorrow. Let me know and I'' pick it up for you...and I always look for bargains!!

What do I collect???

I should just post pictures of the inside of the house.

I collect tiki mugs. Old cookbooks..mostly 50's-70's. vintage aloha wear (I resell stuff at 'tiki' events...yes, another subculture!!) stuff with trailers on it. Melmac, but I have a ton and really won't pick anything up now unless it's outstanding. I guess you could say I collect vintage barware..although I really don't have room for more vintage glassware. Coleman (ok, I admit it!), stuff with scooters on it.

I like vintage stuff so I try to have and use it when I can. Tupperware, pyrex, kleenex holders..whatever is around the house should be vintage here. Even the wastebaskets are 50's-60's. Some are 70's.

When my Grasshopper goes out in the spring I'll have 70's Tupperware, Melmac, crochet afghans, etc with me. It will be a trip back to a scary decade!
'79 Grasshopper
Coleman Keepers 200a Gang
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby len19070 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:48 pm

"Previously Enjoyed":lol:

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby DragonFire » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:53 pm

Dummy me...I forgot about my collection of root beer memorabilia and the vintage Vegas collection. Which includes overlap items like swizzle sticks....
'79 Grasshopper
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:44 pm

DragonFire wrote:Becky...I see those pieces all the time. Anything in particular that you need to complete a set? I'll be out looking for stuff tomorrow. Let me know and I'' pick it up for you...and I always look for bargains!!

Where do you see it? I go to auctions all the time and have yet to run into a single piece of it there. I have gotten a few pieces as gifts, but mostly find it on ebay. I appreciate your offer very much!!

The thing I am having the hardest time finding is chili bowls. I only have one so far and it is the only one I have ever seen.

Lance and I have been kicking around what kind of dishes to carry in the teardrop and this has led to what will be my next collection. We have decided to use the Halsey melmac bowls, cups and glasses, and the stainless steel trays used in the enlisted mess on the Navy ships. I want the trays that say USN on the back. I've found 3 so far. Will probably only carry 4 on the teardop, but once I get started collecting them who knows how many I'll end up with.
Becky

Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby DragonFire » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:30 am

I see the China at thrift stores..sometimes multiple pieces..and occasionally antique stores. But mostly thrifts, where they are a good bargain and it's a shame to see them there. They are fantastic 'restaurant ware' quality dishes.

What size are the chili bowls? And do you need any other pieces? I'll be out in the morning and I usually find something. If not now, in a few weeks. I see them often. Maybe because we are on the west coast?? I think most people don't know what they are. I've been tempted because they are good quality and somehow I don't think they should end up in thrifts. There is something disturbing about that.
'79 Grasshopper
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:17 am

I sent you a PM Dragonfire. I appreciate the offer!!
Becky

Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to User Polls