You brake down your trailer needs to be towed away and you?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Has your trailer broken on a trip

Yes
22%
no
78%

Total votes : 36

You brake down your trailer needs to be towed away and you?

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:10 pm

My trailer is insured incase of accedent.
But I do not belong to Good Sam Club's brake down coverage.
I do not know what others there are out there

What have or do you do with a trailer brake down when out of town, night or day or on a sunday?

I have had 2 brake downs where my trailer broke a weld or tung and needed work both on sunday both way out of town.
Both times I payed cash and got it done what have you done or will you do when and if it happens?
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:41 pm

I don't know anything about Good Sam's Club; but, I just increased my Auto Club (AAA) to the plus package. The difference isn't that much per year and the plus pkg allows you to have two vehicles towed. That might come in handy if your tow vehicle is incapacitated while you are towing your trailer. It also gives you medi-vac (medical helicopter evacuation service) coverage, should you become injured or sick on the road or in a somewhat remote campground.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby TheresaD » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:53 pm

If I break down my hope is that my trailer will come with me. I upgraded to AAA plus RV also about a week before I took my maiden voyage with the Sprite up to the Adirondaks in June. Good thing I did. About 2 hours into the trip while stopped at the toll booth the transmision decided to quit on the truck I was towing with. Transmission fluid all over the ground at the booth. Called AAA and they brought a flat bed. They put the truck on the flatbed and hooked my trailer up behind the wrecker and towed me back home. I was lucky. I was just under the mileage limit for the tow so it worked out well. I was able to get home with both the vehicle and my trailer. I really didn't want to leave my trailer behind. To me that upgrade paid for itself in just that one trip. When I got home one of my friends offered me his truck so I could still go on my trip. I left the dead truck at my house. Hooked my trailer to his truck. Got a good night's sleep and headed out 1st thing the next morning for what was left of my long weekend. I was very glad I had the AAA plus RV but I hope I won't need it again. Image
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby starleen2 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:31 am

I had a frame member break on mission trip to Sabine Pass Didn't notice it until I was setting up on arrival. I was lucky that there was a person on site who owned a shipping repair port. He had his welders "professionally" repair my camper. They all couldn't believe that I slept In there!
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby b.bodemer » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:07 am

Same as Theresa..........I've added Triple A's Rv. This way both tv and trailer can be towed if needed.

Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

AAA Upgrade

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:17 pm

8) Ditto....I also upgraded my AAA after the alternator went out in the truck a mile from the Ocean Cove campout. I did NOT want to leave either vehicle unattended on the stretch of road we were on.
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:02 pm

:thinking: I better get some AAA. I almost lost a wheel coming back from Lawrence Kansas a couple of years ago. Had two lugs left on it in FT. Scott. I had to limp it to an auto parts place, get some new lugs and put them on. I found a tire place to assure they would not come off again. Best not have a flat.. :? :lol: :lol:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby lytle1gw » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:39 am

Good Sam Club emergency road service is 112.00 a year and they tow both vehicles to the nearest service center, and if you tow vehcle is going to take a few days to get fixed they will take your camper to a camp site and set up.
lytle1gw
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Oldragbaggers » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:45 am

AAA Plus for me also.
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby Maureenm » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:39 am

I also have AAA plus RV, thanks to some good advice from a fellow Teardropper. The tow is good for 100 miles on the trailer, so one has some choices as to where to go for repairs. I haven't had to use it yet, but I'm a much more relaxed driver because of it. I think Good Sam's club is similar to AAA, just in a different part of the country.
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:25 pm

We also have AAA Plus and have not yet needed it.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby AceMan » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:54 pm

I carry a trailer policy with my auto and home insurer. It covers any damage to the Tear if by accident and towing in case of break down. It cost me $120yr. with a value to the Tear at $3600
AceMan
Platinum Donating Member

Return to User Polls