5x100mm lug pattern?

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

5x100mm lug pattern?

Postby jmtk » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:11 pm

I'd like to use the spare on my tow vehicle (Subaru Impreza) for my teardrop spare. The Impreza has a 5x100mm lug pattern, and web searching I haven't been able to find any axles with that size. Being woefully ignorant about axles, I'd appreciate any ideas you all could offer.

I'm intending to have a frame made by a local welder, not buy a bolt-together.

Thanks,

Jeanette
jmtk
Donating Member

Postby PaulC » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:33 pm

Hi Jeanette, when I ordered my axle I requested that it have the lug pattern to suit my towing vehicle. I also requested that it have HD bearings. This was all done, with the only extra being charged for the HD bearings. Maybe a phone call to your local manufacturer will clear this up.

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby asianflava » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:36 pm

It seems like it's hard to find trailer axles with metric bolt patterns in the US. I'm not sure if they will custom drill the hubs, I guess asking wouldn't hurt though. Someone mentioned using a wheel adapter in another thread.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby jmtk » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:51 pm

Bingo! Thanks for the idea on wheel adapters, AF. This link http://www.adaptitusa.com/index.asp was in an earlier thread and it's got what I need.

Jeanette
jmtk
Donating Member

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets