How to export AutoCAD drawings to JPEG.

Want to design your own teardrop or tiny travel trailer. You can do that in 2D or 3D. We keep our secrets in here!

How to export AutoCAD drawings to JPEG.

Postby Mitheral » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:18 pm

AutoCAD 2005/2006 has built in capability to generate jpegs from model or layout space using the plot dialog. Here is how I use this feature:

1) Zoom/scroll until what you want to appear in the jpeg is in your display window.
2) Select File -> Plot... The following dialog will appear (minus all the pretty colours).

3) In the red area set the Printer/Plotter to PublishToWeb JPG

4) In the green area set the paper size to the desired size. VGA 640X480 is a good trade off between decent resolution and actually fitting in browser windows without side scrolling

5) In the blue area select Window in from the drop down and then click on the Window< button. This will return you to the drawing. Draw a crossing window around what you want to appear in the jpeg.

6) This step is optional but in the yellow areas I like to Center the plot and set the scale to Fit to paper. Also make any changes to Plot Styles, Viewport options or anything else you'd like.

7) click the Preview button. If everything looks good go ahead and plot it. You will get a dialog asking for a file name and location; name it something that makes sense and put it somewhere you can find it.

8) Upload and link into forum messages as usual.
Last edited by Mitheral on Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitheral
Teardrop Master

Postby sunny16 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:57 pm

I wish I had this information a long time back when I tried to post a sheet of my Un-Tear on this forum. I had to scan it and post it that way. This is so much easier. Thanks for the info!! :applause:
I cut it three times and it's still too short!!
Perfection is all I ask.......
sunny16
The 300 Club

Postby Mitheral » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:55 pm

I found out a couple other things that'll help out with fine line work. Before plotting issue the following commands:

VIEWRES -> Y -> 20000

And

FACETRES -> 10

These commands will help smooth out the curves when plotting.
Mitheral
Teardrop Master

Return to CAD secrets