Where do they put you at the "RV Parks"

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Re: Where do they put you at the "RV Parks"

Postby firemaniac » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Recently I stayed in a popular RV park in Long Beach WA. To start with I had no reservations, as I was going by the seat of my pants, and while this type of park is not my first choice, the staff was pleasant, and actually asked what kind of accommodations I needed with my setup. I ended up getting placed in an end spot, nearer to the facility's, as I am not self contained.
This place usually receives the large coaches and 5th wheels(those huge things some people never exit except to make the connections),and as such their wasn't much more room than was required for slide outs on either side of the rigs, making the end spot all the better for me.

This place was so kind and accommodating, I feel good telling everyone the place I stayed was
Andersen's RV

And for the Pic lovers, a cell pic, but a pic none the less
The smallest rig in the place
Chris

When in doubt, run in circles, scream, and shout!
firemaniac
Teardrop Master

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:43 pm

Our family has had a reunion at the same RV park every year for the past 5-6 years. They hold the same spot for me now. It is the closest to the bathrooms. And where the most of the reunion activities are anyway and it is shorter than the rest so they can't put the McMansions on Wheels there. But it is still to expensive specially considering I don't plug into the 50 amp power to run the air conditioners or any hook up of any kind. Other than that they are friendly and all. I would rather just park where the tenters do and live out of the trailer. It is east of Burley Idaho on interstate 84. Called City of trees. The locals call it the KOA even though it has not been with the KOA system for over 20 years. Some things die hard.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Visionsbydarrah » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:54 am

Wow! This is all very interesting..
Im planing a trip in a few months... And will be useing a rv park.

Thanks for all the great insight..
Pat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser.
2015 LittleGuy MyPod.
My YouTube Channel: https://m.youtube.com/user/TheVisionsbydarrah
Visionsbydarrah
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets