What trips are you ladies planning for spring?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

What trips are you ladies planning for spring?

Postby gmajane » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:06 pm

I am planning a solo trip to Illinois and Mississippi in early April or late March. I am getting excited about it. What trips are you ladies planning for spring and early summer?
gmajane
Teardrop Builder

Re: What trips are you ladies planning for spring?

Postby Catherine+twins » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm still building my trailer, but my kids and I always go to Carlsbad Caverns (NM) before school starts in the fall, and this year I want to take our new camper for that trip.

:pinktear: :ilovecamp: :woohoo:

Catherine
Build Thread Penguino II: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=54919
Build Thread Penguino I: viewtopic.php?t=44431
"Oh, let's just stay here and sing camp songs for a while." 1966, My mom in Isle Royale, MN, in a women's bath house with a momma bear and two cubs outside the door, and three tired kids trapped inside
"Dad! Dad! There's a bear outside!" 1967, Lolo Hot Springs, MT, in a tent-top trailer
"Oh, no, there it goes!!" Nov 10, 2012 as Penguino I blew over in high winds
Catherine+twins
The 300 Club

Postby Verna » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:47 pm

A week and a half in Florida next month, but my sister and I always stay with friends in their house, so we won't be camping on that trip.

I don't have any specific camping plans until mid May when the Hoosier group will be in Southern Indiana at Clifty Falls. That'll be fun.

If it starts warming up more, and staying a bit warmer at night, maybe I'll try some state park camping in Indiana in April. You know the weather forecast for here and for anywhere--if you don't like the weather right now, wait a few minutes and it will change :lol:

Have fun on your trek. It sounds like fun.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:20 am

we have one planned for april, only about 2hrs south of us. but i am looking forward to it. this one will be my pups first trip out. i actually got a new pup just to take camping with me, so we'll see how this works out. he is such a coward, but i hope he'll come around.
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby honeask » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:09 am

We are leaving on March 21st for a four day trip to Oak Thicket Park at Lake Fayette near Columbus TX. We will be finished with our Rodeo volunteer work and ready to go for some fun. Every time I tried to plan a trip there was problems with obligations interrupting our plans. We will be sooooo ready for this. After that, we are going to Fredericksburg TX with some of our Corvette club friends during Easter weekend, no teardrop involved, but fun none the less. Safe roads ladies!
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby gmajane » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:37 am

Sounds like a lot of great trips planned! I hope we hear from some more gals yet. I agree that the weather has been pretty mild this winter. My daughter and I may take the boys out earlier this year to some place near by. :)
gmajane
Teardrop Builder

Postby rebapuck » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:05 pm

Four days at Hagan-Stone park, south of Greensboro NC, in April. Big VW bus campout. I'll be towing the Puck with my '66 bus.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby canonsue » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:02 am

I have been doing solo trips a week in the Fall and the Spring. I am not sure where I am going in April, but I planning on camping near Sedona, AZ, next Fall.

Sue
The Journey Awakens the Soul
canonsue
Teardrop Advisor

Postby gmajane » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:24 am

It is fun to see everyone's plans. My daughter and I talked yesterday. We are hoping for good weather for spring break so we can take the boys camping. I can sort my camping equipment there for my solo trip. She and the boys use a big tent and we use plastic bins to store our equipment. I can keep my bins in the tear and although she keeps hers in her basement, all we have to do to get ready is put her boxes in the car, grab food and clothes and go. If there are not restrictions on number of tents, we put up a little three man tent for our boxes at the camp site. When we can't use the little tent , I put my boxes under the tear and hers go in the tent with them. Food goes in the vehicles. We don't have bears around here, but we sure have coons!
gmajane
Teardrop Builder

Postby PKCSPT » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:21 pm

I was hoping to go in February but we don't have enough snow to make it worth it. So now looking at mid March when it gets a little warmer. If I go in the winter I want snow.
Thinking one of the state parks in around Winona Mn.
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:19 pm

gmajane wrote:It is fun to see everyone's plans. My daughter and I talked yesterday. We are hoping for good weather for spring break so we can take the boys camping. I can sort my camping equipment there for my solo trip. She and the boys use a big tent and we use plastic bins to store our equipment. I can keep my bins in the tear and although she keeps hers in her basement, all we have to do to get ready is put her boxes in the car, grab food and clothes and go. If there are not restrictions on number of tents, we put up a little three man tent for our boxes at the camp site. When we can't use the little tent , I put my boxes under the tear and hers go in the tent with them. Food goes in the vehicles. We don't have bears around here, but we sure have coons!

Jane I see that you are in Kansas! If the weather stays good we will probably hop over to Cherryvale for a weekend in Aprilish....Usually dependent on the weather...Hope you can join us. Also don't forget Crawford Co. State park in Farlington this fall...
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby T@Baker » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:02 pm

I've been camping here and there since our winter season has been abnormally warm. I camped on New Year's Eve and the weekend after, when the temp. hit 70!

On March 23rd I'm heading to Hermann, MO, from southern IL to attend the Wurst fest. Around April 27th, daughter and I are heading to Hunting Island SP in SC via Pittsburg, TN, and a stop at the National Cornbread fest. We'll then head to the Jefferson NC area by May 2 for the Blue Ridge (T@B) Rally.

I'm sure I'm camp locally between those events.

GmaJane, I think I recall you coming to IL last spring, too.
Crystal -
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, crap. She's up."
T@Baker
Teardrop Master

Postby legojenn » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:14 pm

With any luck to Rose and Orville's at the end of March, Vermont in April and the Adirondacks in May.
Jenn
legojenn
The 300 Club

Postby Maureenm » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:29 am

I'm planning to spend some time in March checking out my lantern workings and trying some Dutch oven cooking with my daughter in law, along with finishing touches on my tear. Actual camping starts in May with a trip down to Shasta for the Dam gathering.
Can't wait!
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby Jacquie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:36 pm

None yet in the spring. We have a ME camping trip set for after the Fourth of July. It gets mighty cold at night up North. I plan on looking at the website that shows the average temperatures for different places. We have the attached screen room for the teardrop. I suppose if we find a place with electric hookups we can put a small heater in the screen room/tent for the kids or maybe electric blankets. Of course now that we have the teardrop snow is in the forecast for Wed/Thurs. We picked it up last Monday on a frigid, sunny and WINDY day in VT. The mattresses were so hard I thought we'd have to buy a mattress topper. Today my nine-year-old and I snuck in and I discovered that the mattresses must be foam because it was much softer. It hit 50 degrees here today! :thumbsup:
I think the only spring camp outs so far will be the girls having sleepovers in there. She exclaimed, "I always wanted a club house! This is even better". Our kids may end up spending most of the possible spring nights. :) Now if we could find a warm nice place for April Break that would be great. That and no bears to maul the kids.
Jacquie
Donating Member

Next

Return to Lady Teardroppers