I have to ask.....

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby jlreyburn » Sun May 08, 2011 9:28 am

All my idea! I just kept reminding him of the troubles with tents if it rained,
annoying doors on a pop up, being able to be ready to go at a moments notice. We drove to Canton, Oh from Indianapolis - JUST TO LOOK - yeah right! Found one we loved and bought it. He's been hooked ever since. Good luck, it's worth every bit of convincing you have to do. :D
jlreyburn
Teardrop Advisor

Postby norskenancy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:07 pm

We have had all types of campers over the years. Pop ups, hybrid, tent, and the latest that we just sold was a 63 Shasta. We decided to get a teardrop, hopefully the one we are interested in. While my husband has always stated he wants to be able to stand up when he puts his pants on (never does at home), he is the one that decided on the teardrop. I wanted one because I don't like to cook inside a camper, especially in the summer. To me food always tastes better when cooked outside.

We cannot wait to meet some new friends thru teardrop camping.
Nancy
Walt and Nancy
owners of the "Hedgehog"
norskenancy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby honeask » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:18 pm

We are now going to be a teardrop owner. Happy, happy, happy! Should be ready by the end of August. That trip to Ft. Worth to pick it up will be great!
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Good Job Sandy!!! The more you go to the gatherings will help too, the pot lucks and the men and women getting together. There is such a variety of people there, everyone knows someone they can connect with.

If the work of camping is a concern to him, try to plan ahead and pre-pack the teardrop. There's nothing so cool as hooking up and just going!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:10 am

honeask wrote:We are now going to be a teardrop owner. Happy, happy, happy! Should be ready by the end of August. That trip to Ft. Worth to pick it up will be great!

:applause: :thumbsup: Way to go Sandy! And hubby! Hopefully by August it won't be as hot out... :D
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby peggyearlchris » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:17 am

:thumbsup: Way to go Sandy. It was my project. I was hoping it would be ours but I did it and had a great time building it. He did help when I asked him to lift something for me. I haven't been able to go camping this past year and a half becaues of ill parents and my husband's health problems. Sometimes I do back yard camping.lol You will love it. Have fun camping. :) Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Postby honeask » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:21 pm

Thanks everybody,we are BOTH excited and anxious to get it (wow, what a surprise). We are going to the LCG during Halloween time, ready to meet bunches of new friends. Already planning what we'll cook for pot luck dinner if there is one. If no pot luck, wine and sandwiches.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:05 pm

There is ALWAYS a pot luck , and at LCG it is the biggest!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Lynn Coleman » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:47 pm

honeask wrote:We are now going to be a teardrop owner. Happy, happy, happy! Should be ready by the end of August. That trip to Ft. Worth to pick it up will be great!

So, any definite date to pick up your teardrop yet? Have you named it? Purchased any items for it? Just curious.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Re: I have to ask.....

Postby Oldragbaggers » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:45 pm

honeask wrote:I know this is just between us ladies (yeah right!) and I need to know something. Was a teardrop/tiny trailer your idea or was it your mate's idea to get a teardrop/tiny trailer? Did you both come to a mutual agreement from the beginning or did one of you have to show the other the light? My husband is not jumping on my bandwagon and it's getting to me. :x If you were the one that talked them into trying the teardrop, how did you do it? I would like to do this before I forget why I wanted it. Thanks for any guidance in advance.

EDIT: I just noticed you had already gotten your teardrop.... but I'll leave the story anyway if that's okay.

It was my idea. I told him I'd even build it by myself (which of course he would never be able to let me do, as he always has to get in on the action of whatever is going on). He liked them from the beginning, and told me from the outset I could go ahead and build one, but I noticed he kept looking at bigger trailers (like canned hams) and I could tell he wasn't quite sure about them size-wise. Then one day he found a canned ham on Craigslist and asked if I would go look with him. It was a 3 hour drive away, in the hills of western Maryland. I was praying the whole way that he wouldn't like it.

Just as we got off the exit where the trailer was we had a problem with the brakes on our Jeep. (Not going to be towing anything home with bad brakes.) Then the canned ham was a wreck. (Not going to be going all the way back out there for THAT.) Then on the way home we ran out of gas (just to make the point).

So..... we are almost home and he asks what I was praying for. (He can always tell when I'm praying. He said he already knew but wanted to hear me tell him.) I told him I was just hoping he wouldn't like the canned ham because I really wanted to build the teardrop. He told me to build it and stop praying for his car to break down. That was that. I haven't seen him looking at any other trailers since and we're building a teardrop.

Becky
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:29 pm

Becky wrote:
honeask wrote:I know this is just between us ladies (yeah right!) and I need to know something. Was a teardrop/tiny trailer your idea or was it your mate's idea to get a teardrop/tiny trailer? Did you both come to a mutual agreement from the beginning or did one of you have to show the other the light? My husband is not jumping on my bandwagon and it's getting to me. :x If you were the one that talked them into trying the teardrop, how did you do it? I would like to do this before I forget why I wanted it. Thanks for any guidance in advance.

EDIT: I just noticed you had already gotten your teardrop.... but I'll leave the story anyway if that's okay.

It was my idea. I told him I'd even build it by myself (which of course he would never be able to let me do, as he always has to get in on the action of whatever is going on). He liked them from the beginning, and told me from the outset I could go ahead and build one, but I noticed he kept looking at bigger trailers (like canned hams) and I could tell he wasn't quite sure about them size-wise. Then one day he found a canned ham on Craigslist and asked if I would go look with him. It was a 3 hour drive away, in the hills of western Maryland. I was praying the whole way that he wouldn't like it.

Just as we got off the exit where the trailer was we had a problem with the brakes on our Jeep. (Not going to be towing anything home with bad brakes.) Then the canned ham was a wreck. (Not going to be going all the way back out there for THAT.) Then on the way home we ran out of gas (just to make the point).

So..... we are almost home and he asks what I was praying for. (He can always tell when I'm praying. He said he already knew but wanted to hear me tell him.) I told him I was just hoping he wouldn't like the canned ham because I really wanted to build the teardrop. He told me to build it and stop praying for his car to break down. That was that. I haven't seen him looking at any other trailers since and we're building a teardrop.

Becky

Becky, what a story! I think it was meant to be for you (y'all) to build a Teardrop! Good luck and please post pictures when you start your build. :thumbsup:

And Sandy, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :applause:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby T@Baker » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:34 pm

Becky, that's hilarious! I love that story :worship:
Crystal -
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, crap. She's up."
T@Baker
Teardrop Master

Postby Jacquie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:31 am

Hi,
We just bought a Silver Shadow yesterday in VT! :) It was my idea and my husband and I both love it. It took me about two years to pick this out.
We visited three RV dealers and attended an RV show. The outrageous sizes and weights turned us tent campers off. One of the deciding factors to getting the teardrop was being able to sleep and kept outside noise out. Last year we had one of the worst tent camping experiences ever! Loud people, unbeknownst train tracks less than 100 feet away, logging trucks, and a sleepless night. Our kids slept through the noise of the train, even though it sounded like it was about to run us over. I bookmarked what really got on our nerves...
1. Noise
2. Dirty
3. Not wanting more than we want or need
4. A bed, not a deflating air mattress.

The tear drop offers:
1. A quiet sleeping environment with a fan for white noise.
2. A clean way to keep all of our camping gear.
3. Small, lightweight trailer that won't break the bank with gas prices always going up.
4. A real mattress!
5. An attached screen room/tent that solves the privacy issue.
6. A way to travel with our kids that doesn't require hotel rooms and eating out.
7. A reason for me to sew cute curtains and get chili pepper lights :)
Jacquie
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:18 am

Jacquie,

Congratulations on your new Silver Shadow! I know you must be so excited! But we need pictures, pictures and more pictures! Please. :pictures: :pictures: :pictures:

I've got chili pepper lights that I hang around the tongue of my camper so I don't hear screams and bad words coming out of my mouth....or other campers mouths. ;)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:25 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:Jacquie,

Congratulations on your new Silver Shadow! I know you must be so excited! But we need pictures, pictures and more pictures! Please. :pictures: :pictures: :pictures:

I've got chili pepper lights that I hang around the tongue of my camper so I don't hear screams and bad words coming out of my mouth....or other campers mouths. ;)

:applause: :applause: :applause: Glad to hear another one will be camping. Becky... :lol: Honestly MIke was praying the sides didn't fall off... :lol:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers