What trips are you ladies planning for spring?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: What trips are you ladies planning for spring?

Postby Catherine+twins » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:29 pm

Oh, yikes! The first Cub Scout camping trip of the season is May 5. I'm determined to have the shell finished by then, because I am too darned old to be sleeping on the ground! And I'll let dear daughter sleep in the trailer with me because she isn't getting an Achievement award out of this. Of course, dear son will be out sleeping in a tent like all the other Webelos, so I guess I'll have to check on him during the night.
:oops:

Okay, okay, I won't leave the poor 10-yo out all by himself on a cold spring night. But we are taking the trailer, if only to see how it tows. And I really don't want to sleep on the ground!
:cry:

Catherine
Build Thread Penguino II: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=54919
Build Thread Penguino I: viewtopic.php?t=44431
"Oh, let's just stay here and sing camp songs for a while." 1966, My mom in Isle Royale, MN, in a women's bath house with a momma bear and two cubs outside the door, and three tired kids trapped inside
"Dad! Dad! There's a bear outside!" 1967, Lolo Hot Springs, MT, in a tent-top trailer
"Oh, no, there it goes!!" Nov 10, 2012 as Penguino I blew over in high winds
Catherine+twins
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:33 am

Catherine+twins wrote:Oh, yikes! The first Cub Scout camping trip of the season is May 5. I'm determined to have the shell finished by then, because I am too darned old to be sleeping on the ground! And I'll let dear daughter sleep in the trailer with me because she isn't getting an Achievement award out of this. Of course, dear son will be out sleeping in a tent like all the other Webelos, so I guess I'll have to check on him during the night.
:oops:

Okay, okay, I won't leave the poor 10-yo out all by himself on a cold spring night. But we are taking the trailer, if only to see how it tows. And I really don't want to sleep on the ground!
:cry:

Catherine

;) My 10 year old son would have hated me to separate him from the guys....It is so hard to let them do those things at such a young age. I have trouble letting the 16yr old sleep in a tent alone. :oops: :D :lol:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Gaelen » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:44 pm

There are a couple that I could take - if chemo and schedules cooperate.
The one I'm really toying with is the end of April (April 27 - May 5). The English cocker national specialty, an 8-day dog show in several different locations, is headquartered in Gettysburg PA. I've toyed with the idea of taking the teardrop so that I could have a "base" to use during the outdoor events (tracking test, hunt test) although I'll likely stay in the host hotel during the obedience/breed days.
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

Postby gmajane » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:37 pm

Miriam......Keep me posted on when you will be in Kansas. I hope to come to the gathering in May if I am off work. I am semi retired, but work every other weekend as a nursing home charge nurse.

My daughter and I are going to camp near home this weekend. It is spring break and the highs will be in the high 70's, maybe even in the 80's. Her boys are really looking forward to it. I will try to take a few pix.
gmajane
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Lady Teardroppers