Teardrop Fiction

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Teardrop Fiction

Postby Ratkity » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:03 am

Tumbleweed_Tex wrote:I wandered in here to look around and see if I wanted to include any of this stuff in the book.

Anyone know why the text in a lot of the pieces is screwed up or lost?

I have no idea, Tex! I have copies of everything except the last outhouse piece (oh noes!! that one was hysterical).

Let me know if I can send any of those to you (they are in Word format).

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tumbleweed_Tex » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:01 pm

It's kinda odd...depending on which browser I use...IE or Chrome, some posts are fine, others have those weird characters and then the rest of the post is blank.

This mentions the same problem...

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=49874

Are the copies you have all pasted into one Word file, or individual files?
Tumbleweed_Tex
cowboy storyteller extraordinaire

Postby Ratkity » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:08 pm

I have some individual and some in one doc (nothing is ever simple, right?). I'll know more when I get home.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ratkity » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:06 pm

Checked my files tonight. I have 4 Word files that have multiple stories in them from you, Tex. PM your email and I'll send them on if you want em!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby Synthesis » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:54 am

Tex, I saved all of your posts to a PDF a while back. I believe I still have that available if you'd like.

The formatting needs a bit of help with paragraphs and spacing as it was a direct copy/paste so that I could read it on my ebook reader. :)

You can download the PDF here. I also have it in MS Word DocX format (for Word 2007 and 2010).

http://www.chalnet.net/download/Cowboy.pdf
Synthesis
Teardrop Master

Postby pjocall » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:47 pm

Hello-I am new to this forum and joined mainly to post to you all who enjoyed Tumbleweed Tex's writing. I am a friend of his from another blogging forum and I am sorry to tell you all that he passed away suddenly and tragically last month. He had given me the link to this forum awhile ago and encouraged me to join because of my interest in Teardrops but I never got around to it. I hesitated to post this news but in reading the thread I saw that he was missed on occasions when he wasn't heard from in awhile. It is heartwarming to see how much his writing was enjoyed by the people in this forum. His talent was truly amazing and will be missed, but his cowboy spirit will live on through his incredible words...
pjocall
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Bodyman » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:07 am

Truly sad news. I for one will miss his stories.
Randy
Bodyman
Gold Donating Member

Postby High Desert » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Thank you for letting us know. It had been awhile since Tex had stopped by, I'd wondered how he was.
I have to say I feel as though I've lost a good friend. He inspired something in me I never knew before and his encouragement was priceless. He was a rare talent and a top hand.

Farewell Amigo, I hope to see you one day down at the end of that long trail.

pjocall, now that you're here please hang around a bit. Any friend of Tex has friends here.
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby pjocall » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:03 am

High Desert wrote:pjocall, now that you're here please hang around a bit. Any friend of Tex has friends here.

Thank you, Shaun. I most likely will hang around for awhile, though I will probably do a lot of lurking as I learn the ropes here. I also hope to read more original stories in this thread..seems like Tex did inspire some of you, and it would be great to read more. I also look forward to learning more about Teardrop camping. Though my interest is fairly new, I have a dream of someday taking a long road trip with one.
pjocall
Teardrop Inspector

Postby wagondude » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:35 pm

To honor Tex, I'll contribute to keep the thread alive. I enjoyed so many of his stories.

Little Green Apples.

With the recent passing of my Grandmother, I find myself thinking of the weekend visits we used to take to the farm. One of my fondest memories was climbing the trees in the apple orchard. There were probably forty trees and at one time or another I climbed every one of them. Sometimes I would just sit up there without a care in the world. In the late summer or early fall there was an abundant crop of little green apples. I would sit among the leaves and eat my fill. I’ll never know how I didn’t make myself sick. I remember one time there were several members up in the trees. Grandma had tasked us with picking apples for some pies. It didn’t take long for me to figure out that apples in the trees became pie on the table. At least a couple times a year for several years, I would go to the orchard with a paper grocery bag (remember those?) that I would fill with apples in hopes of getting a pie. That worked several times. What I can’t seem to remember is when or why I stopped picking the apples. To this day, the little green apples are my favorite kind.

Rest in peace Tex.
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby queeniejeanne » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:00 am

OH, BUT MY HEART IS TRULY ACHING.......I HAVEN'T BE ON IN A WHILE, BUT WROTE FREQUENTLY AND GREATLY ADMIRED THE PERSON WHO WROTE THOSE WONDERFUL STORIES. PLEASE TELL ME THE BOOK IS FINISHED OR WILL BE GHOSTED AND FINISHED. A BOND WAS FORMED BETWEEN ALL OF US IN THIS THREAD.....MAY THE GREAT SPIRIT PROTECT AND KEEP ON THE JOURNEY TO THE NEXT WORLD......WE ONLY BORROWED HIM FROM THE MAKER. QUEENIE JEANNE
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby queeniejeanne » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 am

pjocall wrote:
High Desert wrote:pjocall, now that you're here please hang around a bit. Any friend of Tex has friends here.

Thank you, Shaun. I most likely will hang around for awhile, though I will probably do a lot of lurking as I learn the ropes here. I also hope to read more original stories in this thread..seems like Tex did inspire some of you, and it would be great to read more. I also look forward to learning more about Teardrop camping. Though my interest is fairly new, I have a dream of someday taking a long road trip with one.

Do hang out pjocall, we will welcome you as we do all who find themselves drawn to camping, teardropping or just small trailer outings. Warning, this could be a lifelong project :D You could also end up with a multitude of different trailers.....like us.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby pjocall » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:16 am

Do hang out pjocall, we will welcome you as we do all who find themselves drawn to camping, teardropping or just small trailer outings. Warning, this could be a lifelong project :D You could also end up with a multitude of different trailers.....like us.[/quote]

Thank you! I have been reading about and enjoying all the photos of the teardrop and tiny trailers. I think I am already addicted! :)

As for your earlier comment about Tex's book, I have no idea if it was or will ever be published. I would hope so, but I have no way of knowing where it stands or who has access to it. I am thankful that his words were shared to and enjoyed by many people in this forum and glad to see the spirit of writing has continued in this thread!
pjocall
Teardrop Inspector

Postby queeniejeanne » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:26 am

For all who are concerned with our thread being in disarray....russian/greek lettering appearing and most of our stories gone from sight...Auntie M is going to make some attempt to see if the problems can be recovered, ratkity said she had some of the stories, as did Synthesis but did you copy all the stories or just a few?....I have a couple of mine, some of mine are even totally gone, as well as ratkity's.....anyway thought i would pass this info on...Mike and Miriam may be able to work wonders and get our whole thread back..........
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby queeniejeanne » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:40 am

Synthesis, I just downloaded your PDF ....looking like a book with cover page and all....thank you so much....that would be the book of forty something pages; some I don't remember seeing on the thread...my memory does fail me anymore.
Thank you. Queeni
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic