Our new TD is here!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Our new TD is here!

Postby Mloves2camp » Wed May 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Check out my gallery! It's not as big as I'd wanted, but it'll do for now. It's a homemade, using this forum's info, come to find out. I'd recognize that wiring layout anywhere, ha! It just has lights, fantastic fan & battery tender. I did pick up a small a/c to stick through that middle cabinet when needed - I think. Might try the 'sit it outside the door' thing first. It's not supposed to be hot this weekend, so I guess we'll try that next time.

Also picked up an easy up canopy from Bass Pro to go with it. Figured as long as I was at it, they had a zero gravity reclining chair on sale, so I bought it & spoiled myself. One could argue it's medically necessary to elevate my feet, right?

Now to decide on how to decorate. I'm thinking of tying it in to the color of my car, a black amethyst - just go lighter.

Miriam or any other handy gals - is it possible to change the tires & wheels to more car sized ones? I know I'll have to lose the fenders, no problem there, I want nicer ones painted to match the car anyway. Will the bolt pattern match up, or is there such a thing as an adapter for that? I think so, but wanted to check before I get laughed out of the store. Thanks!
Marianne

Young at heart, the other parts, not so much.
Mloves2camp
Teardrop Builder

Re: Our new TD is here!

Postby bdosborn » Wed May 30, 2012 7:33 pm

Nice looking trailer!

2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Wed May 30, 2012 8:34 pm

:thumbsup: Nice! It looks like it will be very comfortable for you.

PS. To change to another larger tire, you would probably need a 5 bolt pattern (I think) but I believe there are adapters available. Your pictures don't show what you have; so, you'll need to either take another picture or tell folks what you have now so that they can try to answer your question. Alternatively, you could stop into a local tire/wheel store (a good one) and ask what they can do for you. Answering a question is usually free at those places because they want your business. If they offer you something, it's your choice if you bite or not. You can always say you're going to wait a while or will save up the money but will keep them in mind...something like that.
Last edited by S. Heisley on Wed May 30, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Verna » Wed May 30, 2012 9:39 pm

Congrats--nice!!! It should be fun to personalize your new TD!!! Keep us updated.

(Sorry, I don't have the knowledge about how to figure out the change in tires....hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in here.)
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby Maureenm » Thu May 31, 2012 7:21 am

Yay! Have a great first trip! It looks great and you will have fun making it yours.
:thumbsup:
Maureen
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby Mloves2camp » Thu May 31, 2012 6:38 pm

I will have fun making it ours! This week just didn't run like it was supposed to. Didn't have much chance to do anything yet & we're leaving tomorrow, early afternoon. Oops! Most of the camping stuff is together, right out in the garage next to the trailer. (that's not our garage in the pic, it's too bare, believe me!)

Geez, nobody knows about wheels? Really, don't make me have to ask a man! :lol: I'm kinda in a Tawanda mood today!

Guess it's time to get up off my duff & get packing!
Marianne

Mloves2camp
Teardrop Builder

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:40 am

Marianne: I added a 'PS' to my earlier comment. If you didn't see it, scroll up and take a look. Thanks.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby doug hodder » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:47 am

I realize that it's a "guy's" opinion, but maybe you ought to consider whether or not you have the room to put larger wheels and tires on it. It doesn't appear that you have much clearance between the wheel location and the door when you get a larger wheel/tire/fender in there. A side shot showing the profile would give a better idea. Cut a circle of cardboard that is the circumference of the wheel/ tire combo you want to install and position it over the center of the hub and see if it's going to fit. Whether the hubs and axle are up to it is for you to determine.
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Mloves2camp » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Thanks, Doug, you gave me something to consider there. Didn't notice that. I'll have to do as Sharon suggested & take it somewhere & let a pro figure it out. I know just the place! 3 heads are better than one, thanks!

We just got back from our little group trip. We loved the tear & I was really surprised how much fit in there. We had room to spare, I thought I was well equipped, too. It was quite chilly out & went down into the 40's. We didn't need a heater, our bodies kept it warm, even with the vent open about four inches. That was a very nice surprise! Can't wait to take it out on my own!

Couldn't have gotten it without all the info on this site. My thanks to you all for the knowledge you've passed along. I paid it forward & told the lookers to come here when they are ready to buy & do their research here. You've all been more help than you'll know! Well, yes you do, you were new to this at one time, too. Thanks!
Marianne

Mloves2camp
Teardrop Builder

Return to Lady Teardroppers