New lady teardropper

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

New lady teardropper

Postby redrover465 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:18 am

Hey everyone,
My name is Tammie and I'm still a teardrop virgin so any and all advice you can give me would be appreciated.

We're currently building our first (a foamie) after going to a teardropper outing last fall, asking questions and taking lots of pics, we both decided it was for us. I was the holdout. We also took a factory tour here in Wisconsin and I got in one and laid down. That sealed the deal.

So, while we work on it, I'm also gathering and making a stack of things in the basement.
Different size containers, tool kit, etc.

I like the look of some old things, coleman, etc.

Anyway, glad to be here. :pinktear:
Don and Tammie from Wisconsin
redrover465
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New lady teardropper

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:51 pm

Welcome Tammie and Don! :D
Glad you decided to post and be sure to put up some pictures. Lots of great folks here to help you, camp with, and make new friends.
Joanie
the teardrop Nanny
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi Tammie! Welcome to a wonderful forum with some great people and lots of great advice and ideas. I'm a former Teardrop owner but now I have a vintage Scotty trailer. Loved my Teardrop and miss it but I do love standing up now.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new baby! :)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby PKCSPT » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:26 pm

Welcome, I've had my tear for three years now and loving it. Wish i would have had the patience to build one, mine is store bought.
Have fun.
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby Verna » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Welcome, Tammie!!! I've camped since I was a kid, in tents mostly. I found a good deal on a used manufactured teardrop earlier this year. I love it. I've made a bunch of changes for me, personalized it for me, and it's so easy to camp in.

Have fun--enjoy your build, and keep up with those pictures.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby redrover465 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks for the awesome welcome. We're pushing to be done by fall so we can go to a gathering here in Wisconsin.

96753 96751 96755 96754 :pictures:

Here are a few look-sees. The full wooden trailer is what we got, structurally sound for $100. Can't beat it. Since then the frame is now perfect, repainted and undercoated and the floor is built. :x Hassles with the trailer lights tonight for the car. The car didn't have a hitch until now, but it looks like its all okay. Tam
redrover465
Teardrop Inspector

Hello from Redcub

Postby Redcub » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:21 pm

Hello everyone, I will have my new red 5 x 10 teardrop camper the middle of Oct or start of November. I have been thinking about buying one for a long time and I could not wait any longer. I will not have the fan on top but 2 small fans inside, I wanted the camper to be as quiet as possible. I will have added insulation all around. I have so many dreams and plans for this camper. I once had a high top van that was a lot of fun to camp in but I look so forward to my teardrop.

I will use my teardrop as an extra bedroom when I visit friends all over the country and I can't wait to park it on the beaches and look at the moon.

I look forward to learning more about other people that share my interest and I look forward to reading about your adventures.

I
Love and kindness are very powerful.
Redcub
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tearhead » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Welcome from another Wisconsinite! We have a fun group...consider coming to Cooler Near the Lake in spring!
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby redrover465 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Pat, what thread or part of the board do I find information abut the Cooler Near the Lake get together? Tammie
redrover465
Teardrop Inspector

Postby vaddisonme » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:18 pm

Welcome! (Okay, full disclosure here. I won't have my teardrop until next weekend. It's more like a mini-cargo trailer, and I have hardly camped at all in the last ten years... 8) ). But welcome!!! Where are you getting your 10" red teardrop from?
The Marshmallow pulling our Sweet Potato.
vaddisonme
Teardrop Advisor

Postby redrover465 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:14 pm

I don't know about a 10" red tear drop, but we are building one, a "foamie". If you do a search on the site you'll come up with a thread about them, ultra-lite for towing. I bought the paint yesterday. We have the 2 sides cut and are covering them, then we'll start the frame and attach the sides. I want the insides painted before it goes together so its a little easier. The one you see in the pic is one from the Wisconsin Auto Museum. It was the first tear drop I ever saw in person, old, needs to be redone, but I still liked it. Been hooked ever since.

Yesterday I bought a few organizing things for on the walls inside. By the time the trailer is done, I expect to have all the insides done. :thumbsup:
Tam
redrover465
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:05 pm

viewforum.php?f=1

This should get you to your local camping area information. Image
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Zollinger » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:45 am

redrover465 wrote:Pat, what thread or part of the board do I find information abut the Cooler Near the Lake get together? Tammie

I don't usually post in this section, but Welcome! DH and I also don't have a teardrop. We are planning on building one someday. We are more like vintage tiny travel trailer people. We have attended Cooler Near The Lake a couple of times. It was a blast, you will never meet a greater bunch of like minded people! Look towards the bottom of the front page in the "Midwest Section" to find some of the local gatherings. Maybe we will see you around some of the local campgrounds.
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby b.bodemer » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:07 pm

A buddy of mine built a foamie and he loves it. Look like you are having a great start to the build. Have fun!
Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tearhead » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:01 pm

redrover465 wrote:Pat, what thread or part of the board do I find information abut the Cooler Near the Lake get together? Tammie

Sorry..just now saw this question. After the first of the year, start watching the Midwest thread.
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Lady Teardroppers