Hand pump with no instructions

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Hand pump with no instructions

Postby geochris35 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just bought my hand pump and realized it comes with no instructions. It is a zebra pump with two spots for tubes to attach to the bottom. I tested it in a bowl of water and realized that in order for it to work, both bottom tubes have to be in water. I am going to buy a 7 gallon tank to attach to the bottom of my tear and was trying to figure out how to attach the fittings. I think that I will have to attach both tubes coming from the faucet to the bottom of the tank, then I will need a vent tube and a fill tube attached toward the top of the tank. Finally I will have a drain valve on the bottom of the tank for winterizing. Does this sound right, here are some pics of the faucet.

Straight view of pump/faucet

Side view upside down

And finally, the bottom view

Thanks for any insight you can give.

Cheers,
Chris
geochris35
Teardrop Builder

Re: Hand pump with no instructions

Postby len19070 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:58 pm

The small water inlet goes from the pump to a tank of water, and the large one goes to a city water fill.

Both inlets do not have to be "under water" Its just that if your testing it in a bowl of water the big one has to be covered before the little one is. Check this by running a tube from only the small one to a water source.

If all you need is a pump from a potable tank, just hook up the small one.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets