Dutch oven for two??

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Re: Dutch oven for two??

Postby sagebrush » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:18 pm

After being corrupted :twisted: by DO chefs at " Walk the Winds"( I won't use names, you know who you are :thumbsup: THANKS!) Lovely Assistant and I went shopping for a DO.
Local Sportsmans Warehouse had a good selection and Lisa happened to have a $10 off coupon :thumbsup: :thumbsup: So an 8" followed us home. 8" seems to be just right for us.
So far have prepared Kielbasa and veggies ( Thanks Woodbutcher) cornbread and cinnamon rolls. YUMMY!
We have managed to stop short of licking out the pot .

They also had 10" deep in stock and listed online.
http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/spor ... /cat101733

This Dutch Oven cooking is FUN!! :D
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bc toys » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:30 am

Glad to welcome you to the Dutch Oven Group. Your hooked for sure want be long and you'll have 10's 12's 14's and waffle irons waffle dogs sauce pans lid lifters pot holders. Yep we got another one hooked. Oh ya if you get time go over to Camp-cook.com and do some reading you will find something of interest in there.
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:38 am

sagebrush wrote:After being corrupted :twisted: by DO chefs at " Walk the Winds"( I won't use names, you know who you are :thumbsup: THANKS!) Lovely Assistant and I went shopping for a DO.
Local Sportsmans Warehouse had a good selection and Lisa happened to have a $10 off coupon :thumbsup: :thumbsup: So an 8" followed us home. 8" seems to be just right for us.
So far have prepared Kielbasa and veggies ( Thanks Woodbutcher) cornbread and cinnamon rolls. YUMMY!
We have managed to stop short of licking out the pot .

They also had 10" deep in stock and listed online.
http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/spor ... /cat101733

This Dutch Oven cooking is FUN!! :D

Now that you are hooked, pop over to http://www.camp-cook.com annd join us for a lot of great cooking tips and recipes!
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Kathy53 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:07 pm

I received my lodge 2 qt dutch oven today. Now I can't wait to try it out. I went camping at Calaveras Big Trees this last weekend and made peach cobbler in my size 12 dutch oven. Used the DO liner and it worked great. It is a Kelty but I don't know if it was made in USA or not. Bought it 13 years ago at Costco. It does not look as good as the lodge but has worked fine for me. It came as a set but I gave the skillet and griddle to my stepson as I only wanted the dutch oven. Now I wished I had kept the griddle. Now I have the round lodge one and it is the right size for me. Now I want a small skillet. I watched that video on here on how to fry an egg on cast iron and not have it stick. So I tried it out and I did ok.
Kathy53
The 300 Club

Postby Kathy53 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:08 am

I tried out my 2 qt dutch oven. Made a breaskfast cassarole and used a dutch oven liner. The liner did great had to trim it down as was to big. My cassarole could of been better but did turn out alright. I used to many eggs. Could not taste the potatoes. I used sausage links flavored with bacon, hashbrowns, bell pepers, and onions. Should of added cheese and used less eggs. but did not burn it and the DO cleaned up real easy.

I had bought a cheap grill/griddle. My daughter has used the grill side a couple of time and it has worked fine for her. When I used the griddle side I noticed it was no longer flat across. The middle is slightly bowed, causing the middle to be slightly higher than the sides. It has warped a little. Other than that it does ok. But I can see the difference in quality from lodge and a cheap brand.
Kathy53
The 300 Club

Postby Lgboro » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:10 pm

You can't go wrong with the #8 Lodge (2 quart). I have both a #8 and the smaller #6 Lodge and they cover my needs for a small oven very well.
Lgboro
500 Club

Postby bc toys » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:33 am

we have the problem of we go camping for 2 and friends and family show up at dinner time :cry: so taking a 8 is to small and we end up using a 12 :shock: how come they always get there right when you are about to start getting dinner ready :thinking: thats ok I love cooking for people :thumbsup:
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Previous

Return to Cast Iron