Plumbing install

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Plumbing install

Postby Roger W » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:53 pm

I am not very experienced in plumbing so I am asking for advice. I have acquired a new pump through a little trading. There will be a sink in the galley, and will have a water storage container under the counter along with a seperate container to catch the waste water.

As well as having this water supply I want to be able connect to a pressurized water source if there is one available. This will give me an alternate choice of supplied water.

My question is how do I plumb it all together? Do I need back flow preventer valves, and where do I need them? Do I need valves in place to close off the system i'm not using at the time? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
When all else fails, read the directions.
Roger W
Teardrop Builder

Re: Plumbing install

Postby rowerwet » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:11 am

is your faucet a camper style one that doubles as a pump when there isn't water pressure, or is the pump you got a remote one? the easiest way to plumb for a water tank and pressurized water would be to add two ball valves, one to feed from the water tank to the faucet and one from the external hose. have both feeding to a T fitting connected to the faucet.
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby Roger W » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:45 am

My faucet will not be an rv style. I'm thinking one line from the pump, supplied by on board container, and one line from the pressurized source, connected together as you suggest. Will put ball valves to close the system not being used. i wasn't sure about valves on the pump side, but I don't want the pressurized water pushing on the pump when its not in use. Thanks for the reply.
Roger W
Teardrop Builder

Postby 48Rob » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Roger W » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:57 pm

48Rob wrote:Roger,

This may help.

Rob

http://www.marxrv.com/plumbing/plumb.htm

Thanks, was very helpful.
Roger W
Teardrop Builder

Postby M C Toyer » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:49 am

I seem to recall seeing a system where the gray water tank drained into and through the black water tank for additional flushing / cleansing action.

Is there any reason not to do this?

I realize you would still need a valave so the gray water did not flow into the black until you were ready to drain both.

Would a trap and/or a backflow preventer be needed between the two tanks?
M C Toyer
The 300 Club

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets