Purchased with a mistaken identity

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Purchased with a mistaken identity

Postby Kathy53 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:20 pm

I went to the flea market last Monday and found a guy there with a huge amount of cast iron skillets, dutch ovens, griddles. On the table he had the CI that was in better shape than the ones he had on the ground. He had what I thought was a chicken fryer. I talked myself into buying it. He was selling it for 25. I offered 20 but he would not go done. I bought it anyway. It looked like it was already cleaned and seasoned except the inside of the lid looked like it had a little bit of rust. Well took it home. Use a little bit of soap and hot water with a sos pad. The rust came right off. I am thinking that it had sat for a while after he had seasoned it and it just got a little bit of moister on it. That rust came off real easy. I went online today to see how much it sells for new. That is when I relized that it was not a chicken fryer but a 3 qt combo cooker. Works out a lot better for me. But wouldn't you know that Amazon has it on sale right now for 29. :( But then you add shipping. Lodge has it for 57 plus shipping. :) So that makes me feel like I did get a good deal.

Wasn't planning on buying anything just went to see what they had. It was a nice day to just walk around.
Kathy53
The 300 Club

Re: Purchased with a mistaken identity

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:23 pm

It sounds to me like you got a good deal; and, if you're happy with it, regardless of what it is called, what does it matter? Just be happy and don't second guess yourself. At this point, enjoying your purchased product is all that matters. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Re: Purchased with a mistaken identity

Postby Kathy53 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:26 pm

Actually I am happy with my purchase. It was the lid that I liked. If it was really a chicken fryer like I thought I probaly would not of bought it. 25 was a good deal. I was really laughing at myself that I paid 25 when Amazon had a brand new one for 29. I like it when I can find something at a fraction of it cost. Just for bragging rights. Even if I knew that Amazon had is on sale for 29 I still would have bought this. After all after you pay shipping and handling and tax it would of been 48. So it is a good deal. This thing will work as a chicken fryer, dutch oven, skillet and a griddle. Can't beat that. I don't fry alot but my daughter likes to fry.
Kathy53
The 300 Club

Return to Cast Iron