WYOMING's 2 WALK THE WINDS 2013 gathering

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Re: WYOMING's 2 WALK THE WINDS 2r013 gathering

Postby lee senn » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Count us in. Lee and Norma Senn. We visited last year and got many ideas from the tears we saw. We are currently under construction with only the Northern Tool trailer assembled at this point but hopefully will be done in time for Walk the Winds !! Lee and Norma
lee senn
Donating Member

Re: WYOMING's 2 WALK THE WINDS 2013 gathering

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi Lee, I was there last year and missed you. We went into Pinedale to the Mountain Man museum when you visited. Really sorry we missed you, it would have been nice to meet you both. Glad you are able to make this years gathering. I will not be there, but Slow and the others will take good care of you. Take lots of pictures so we can see what we missed!
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby lee senn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:50 pm

Woodbutcher. Darn I was really looking forward to seeing your tear in detail but will catch you at some other gathering. lee and norma
lee senn
Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:01 pm

Maybe this post will help some of the maybe's and fence sitters to make plans to head out to Walk the Winds 2. Mom always told me that everything gets done better the second time. So join Slow and Angie and the gang,for a few days out in Gods Country.

Last year I traveled from Cheyenne WY, with Joe from Texas and Paul from New Jersey. We traveled the southern part of WY and then north up to the gathering in Pinedale. After that we headed North through Jackson Hole, the Tetons and into Yellowstone. Paul headed home after Yellowstone. Joe and I continued on to the Badlands and Mt Rushmore before heading home.

The reason for this post is to see if I can inspire some of you to plan a route that will take you to Walk the Winds and have a trip of a lifetime as you go. Here are some of my pictures. Everyone always says they like pictures ,so here ya go.

This is Firehole Canyon State Park in the Ashley Forest in the most SW corner of WY. This was only about 2 1/2 hours south of Pinedale where the gathering was.

We spent time in and around Pinedale. They have the Mountain man Museum which is worth the trip by itself. Here are a few shots from just up the road ....

Headed North after the gathering up to Jackson Hole WY. Cool place lots to see and do. That night we stayed about a half hour north in the Teton Nat. Forest.

From the Tetons, Yellowstone is only minutes North. So from the Walk the Winds CG to Yellowstone is only about 3 hours . Why not come out to WY and enjoy a few days with like minded teardroppers and see Yellowstone.

Heading Home!!!

Well, what do you say. How many years are you going to say, "I want to see Wyoming" ? Make this the year.

This is just to nudge you to get out and enjoy one of the most beautiful parts of the country. :beer:
and do it with others that enjoy the same things you do.
Last edited by Woodbutcher on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 pm

biziedizie wrote:Woodbutcher those are some inspiring pics :D :D They express more then words can say :) :)
Makes me want to pack up and join you all :)

That would be great. "We will leave a light on for ya"
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Pizzaguy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Wyoming and the greater Yellowstone Area is a must see. I had started a thread after WTW1 on a trip report but apparantly never finished it. Here is the album of my pics from that trip.

http://www.bbimagesonline.com/Other/Wild-Wild-West/27386616_P4sN95#!i=2302934728&k=x4zKHH5
Pizzaguy
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:16 pm

Stunning pictures Bruce. Makes me wish you had posted first. I think you are in the wrong business! :pictures:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:54 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: I might not make it but you guys get some awesome pictures. Just love looking at them. :pictures:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby carolandrews » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:29 pm

Those photos were stunning!

I am planning on coming from Sacramento with my Teardrop. I want to invite my brother, who has a Vanagon. Would he be welcome?
carolandrews
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:29 pm

Of course he is welcome...You do not have to camp in a Teardrop to be part of the family. Just tell Slow who's coming, and he'll "leave a light on for ya" !!!!
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Greg M » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 pm

It's the camper version of the VW Microbus.
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby carolandrews » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:30 pm

A Vanagon is a Volkswagen Bus that is converted for camping. The top pops up for sleeping.
carolandrews
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jss06 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Still planning on making this. I figure 2.5 days on the road to get there. Same to get back. Hope I have enough vacation time still.
jss06
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Cutthroat Tracker » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:29 pm

OK, I am officially planning on attending. This could be Slow's worst nightmare a greene from Colorado's front range, I will not go into out political differences other to say that we will have to keep our initial conversations to fly fishing, west slope Cutthroats and teardrops.

My treat drop is 90% complete and should be traveling the west by this summer. :D
Cutthroat Tracker
Donating Member

Postby jss06 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:16 pm

WOO WOO. I am going. :thumbsup:

Found out I had more time than I thought. Going to make the gathering and then spend the next week traveling back home through Colorado.
Scheduled my time off and I am working on getting my route figured out.
:beer:
jss06
Palladium Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to North Central