Three Feathers - LaGrande, OR

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Three Feathers - LaGrande, OR

Postby dreadcptflint » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:03 am

I have been seeing Teardrops from time to time hitting Craig's list. There website is located here: http://www.threefeathersmfg.com/. Has anyone seen one of their trailers in person or even own one?
The quickest way to find me is on my business site. Yes, I do answer questions and provide quotes for free. Find me at: http://www.wenatcheefarmers.com
User avatar
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1082
Images: 19
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:38 pm
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Postby FireLion » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:44 am

I haven't seen 'em before. But, I do like the Backpacker trailer. Wonder what kinda $$$ we're lookin at? :thinking:
'How can ya get away from it all if ya take it all with ya?'
2004 Ford Escape Ltd.
2012 Coleman tent-no wheels, no A/C, no hitch
User avatar
FireLion
500 Club
 
Posts: 706
Images: 104
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:22 am
Location: Rosedale, Kansas

Postby hiker chick » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:06 pm

That Backpacker is intriguing.

A giant chuckbox and bed.

:)
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
User avatar
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1514
Images: 621
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:26 pm
Location: Washington, D.C.
Top

Postby NW_Subie » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:54 pm

Never seen one in person. Dealer in Pendleton, Oregon has a Pinecone for sale.
http://eastoregon.craigslist.org/rvs/1275422566.html

Basic used one listed in Stayton, Oregon.
http://salem.craigslist.org/rvs/1264719358.html
User avatar
NW_Subie
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 215
Images: 57
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 am
Location: Portland, OR
Top

Postby NW_Subie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:45 am

FireLion wrote:I haven't seen 'em before. But, I do like the Backpacker trailer. Wonder what kinda $$$ we're lookin at? :thinking:


Manufacturer says Backpacker trailer for sale at local dealer is $5145. Here's one for sale in Olympia, WA for $5599.
http://www.trailertownonline.com/trailers.php?i=270

...
User avatar
NW_Subie
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 215
Images: 57
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 am
Location: Portland, OR
Top

Re: Three Feathers - LaGrande, OR

Postby NW_Subie » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:46 am

dreadcptflint wrote:I have been seeing Teardrops from time to time hitting Craig's list. There website is located here: http://www.threefeathersmfg.com/. Has anyone seen one of their trailers in person or even own one?


Looked at one today in Pendleton, OR on the way back from camping. Dealer had a Pinecone. Okay, but not that impressive. Flimsy drawer handles and some of the trim looked misaligned. No hurricane hinge. Did not have a Backpacker model in stock. For mass produced, I still prefer Little Guy.
User avatar
NW_Subie
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 215
Images: 57
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 am
Location: Portland, OR
Top

Re: Three Feathers - LaGrande, OR

Postby DaveWeinstein » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Has anyone got any experience with newer models?

We looked at a new Pinecone this past week, and we found it a lot more comfortable than a Little Guy. The cabin felt roomier, and the doors were a lot easier to get in and out of.

Thanks,
--Dave
User avatar
DaveWeinstein
Teardrop Inspector
 
Posts: 23
Images: 5
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:36 am
Top

Re: Three Feathers - LaGrande, OR

Postby dexstrom » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:04 pm

DaveWeinstein wrote:Has anyone got any experience with newer models?

We looked at a new Pinecone this past week, and we found it a lot more comfortable than a Little Guy. The cabin felt roomier, and the doors were a lot easier to get in and out of.

Thanks,
--Dave


I don't have experience with the Pinecone, we bought the Backpacker II model last summer and really enjoy it. It is well built, and with a few mods it fits our camping style. We replaced the bulbs with LEDs for reduced amp draw, moved the battery to rear under the sink so I could mount a double bike rack on the A-frame and have a Add-a-Room for extra space out of the wind and bugs.
User avatar
dexstrom
Teardrop Inspector
 
Posts: 11
Images: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Top

Re: Three Feathers - LaGrande, OR

Postby Dirtyfootcamper » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:39 pm

NW_Subie wrote:
dreadcptflint wrote:I have been seeing Teardrops from time to time hitting Craig's list. There website is located here: http://www.threefeathersmfg.com/. Has anyone seen one of their trailers in person or even own one?


Looked at one today in Pendleton, OR on the way back from camping. Dealer had a Pinecone. Okay, but not that impressive. Flimsy drawer handles and some of the trim looked misaligned. No hurricane hinge. Did not have a Backpacker model in stock. For mass produced, I still prefer Little Guy.


I bought a Pinecone in the winter of 2012 and enjoyed it a number of times last year and can't wait for this spring/summer season. My model does have a hurricane hinge (see my pictures) I do feel the sleeping area is a bit more roomy and easier to get in and out of than the Little Guys I had looked at and not as pricey. Although it may not be the most impressive Teardrop out there, I got it for a great deal. I wasn't looking to spend a fortune and have the top of the line trailer out there anyways. Even with the few issues I've had to deal with, I'm still pleased with it. After purchasing it I noticed a small leak in the galley area and contacted the manufacturer. He sent a new/better seal, as well as a snap on cover for the hatch area, to the trailer place I bought it from. They installed the new hatch seal, the new cover, and also sealed up the hatch handles with some sealant. I have not noticed any more leaks since then, but have kept an out for them. I have added a number of modifications to suit my needs and have plans for more.
User avatar
Dirtyfootcamper
Teardrop Builder
 
Posts: 38
Images: 32
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:17 am
Top

Re: Three Feathers - LaGrande, OR

Postby DaveWeinstein » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:28 pm

We've pretty much settled on the Backpacker II. We looked at one again today to come up with the list of things to ask for in the order.
User avatar
DaveWeinstein
Teardrop Inspector
 
Posts: 23
Images: 5
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:36 am
Top

Re: Three Feathers - LaGrande, OR

Postby dexstrom » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:39 pm

We also added a gas strut to the door so it would stay open until we want to close it. The mini-blinds on the door window were getting caught in the door, the little plastic pins that are supposed to hold the blinds against the door broke after only a couple of door openings. I trimmed the lower slats below the handle and that helped avoid catching them in the door when closing it.
User avatar
dexstrom
Teardrop Inspector
 
Posts: 11
Images: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Top


Return to Teardrop Manufacturers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest