Camp on an Indian Reservation

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Camp on an Indian Reservation

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:36 pm

Today, many Indian reservations allow camping. Here is a list of 7 of them, found in an article from Paste Magazine:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/ ... VwxvzgET78

Note: If you want to camp on an Indian reservation, some require that you get a trespassing permit first. Contact the tribal council for the area you're interested in.

Slowcowboy: Please notice that one of the reservations that allows camping is in your area and might be worth looking into.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Re: Camp on an Indian Reservation

Postby slowcowboy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:20 am

Well its every diffrent out on the wind river res..sharon,.has lots of pretty moutains and the beatiful wind river cayon and the best fishing in Wyoming and the big huge browns on bull lake by Crowheart. They live in a far diffrent world out there than we do,..kinda a diffrent country inside a country.they are governed by the intereter department, tied to the buero of Indian affairs..they have far diffrent rules,and laws and game laws and fishing regs and .the camping is,allowed but limited only in certain spots,such as along the shores of Bull lake..to camp you have to buy the Res Indian fishing permit. Stay excacty only were they permit canping and fishing.and you cant even be on foot on any land they do not permit for this.no hunting by whites is allowed but the fishing is awsome. they allow fishing and even supply native guided trips and some like Bull lake or wind river cayon is on your own with the proper permits.. its blue ribbon top notch fly fishing or deep lake boat trolling..they have higher fishing fees but its way worth the extra money ..and it's famous top notch fishing..big time white water guided trips down the wind river cayon by.thermop the fishing industry lives on the cayon..now there is lots of normal state park campgrounds and normal white man fishing around the Indian lands and on the irrgation project which was purchased from the indains in 1906 were pavillion is located and,were I live...the best idea I can give is to just get your hands on the wind river reservation fishing regs it also lays out all the rules for camping plus fishing and,were your allowed...2 for questions call the Indian reservation game and fish office at the fort in fort washakie.. the res is very truist freindly. fishing is big time bussiness for the Indians and they market it..you just got to know were your at and camp in the right spots and fish only were they allow and buy the proper permits...slowcowboy.
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Re: Camp on an Indian Reservation

Postby slowcowboy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:32 am

I got hundreds of free boondock spots on white man land sharon even on the other side of the res boundry lines close to there good fishing holes sharon i got miles of national forest in my beatuiful wind river moutains all the game and fish campgrounds on the irrgation project lakes..i really am not interested in more fees to go camping some day I would like to buy there fishing permit and get on bull lake or down in wind river cayon but I got so much places I can camp or fish off the reservation nearby that i will never get to it all in my life time. so I really have not made camping or fishing the reservation as a top priority when I can go any else close by on white man land for nearly free...slow..
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Return to Camping Secrets