Kampmasters????

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Kampmasters????

Postby ae6black » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:16 am

Also, in Bear country, I think there are some places that won't let a Kampmaster in the gate along with pop ups. But to each their own, if you have it, if you like camping out of it, who cares what other people think. Just go camping.
ae6black
Silver Donating Member

Postby slowcowboy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:58 pm

Ah, but that large hatch drops down just like a normal teardrop at night and becomes a teardrop not a pop up..slow.in minutes.
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby 2bits » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:41 pm

Slow, I think to answer your original question, your question had the answer. "When people get older", I think that is a big part of it. Getting older means you don't want to or aren't able to do as much work like setting up a pop top nit to mention building any kind of camper unfortunately so people turn to a store bought simply because they don't have it in them to do a complete build again. Me, I like to camp simple, I don't like alot of set up and I like hard walls for climate control, my last build was a tiny standy vintage trailer. Hard to turn down all this inside the same basic footprint with a 6x10 trailer instead of 5x10 tear and only 2 feet taller. It's not a big rig by any means and it still fits completely under my 10x10 easy up but now I am just showing off :)
Attachments
IMG_2977.JPG
IMG_2977.JPG (345.35 KiB) Viewed 282 times
IMG_3041.JPG
IMG_3041.JPG (118.23 KiB) Viewed 282 times
IMG_E3009.JPG
IMG_E3009.JPG (281.52 KiB) Viewed 282 times
Thomas
2bits
2bit Member

Postby Modstock » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:14 pm

Dont worry Slow, we are all getting older.
I hit 40 last year and have been contemplating a lot of things.
1.) To not take on so many projects.
2.) Sometimes it's best to let another take it on and fork out the coin.
This is difficult for me to do.
3.) I rather spend more time playing, camping, ect than working.

Bottom line #3

This years goal is to sell the TD and get a bigger trailer. Something to stand and change clothes in, also more weather appropriate since it rained/snowed all week during our last trip.

I still have some projects in mind. Fixing up my old car, build another trailer, explore and play a lot.

BTW. I love the neons under that trailer.
Slow I'd like to see you get your trailer done. Keep us posted.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
Modstock
The 300 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:15 am

40s still a kid I am 44.. I dont like my body changing ,hair mostly gray now ,more no hair, ranch wrecks catching up with me when a,storms coming in. Still single, still onrey and still love a good argument or correct term debate....but yea, still on turtle time working on the kampmaster covering up all my foam insulation in the flour. adding maosonite panaling over all my insulation in my flour. than moving to tin next ..on the side pointed to the ground...got no intions on ending the build..after 5 6 7 years...Still sleeping in my first 4 wide tear...i am single and its probaly not changing any time soon. The kampmasters for Mrs not crazy in the future...yup..no need to finsh the kampmaster by tommorow....making it my best build so far...slow..
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Modstock » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:43 pm

"Mrs Not Crazy"
You crack me up slow.

While planning my next build that thought had come to mind . What if "single" happens ?
Devil on my shoulder says, guess she's missing out on this awesome roomy trailer. As im cooking breakfast inside during a subzero blizzard.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
Modstock
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion