Hoosier groups July 20-23.2023 outing

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Hoosier groups July 20-23.2023 outing

Postby Dantheman » Wed May 31, 2023 4:49 am

Ok folks let’s start talking about our summer trip to Tippecanoe SP. First of all for those of you that could not make the May trip to Raccoon…
I was given the honor of heading up our group by Kurt, and I hope approved by you all. Kurt has done an admirable job of leading us for the past 20 years !! Please thank him when you see him next. Our group has grown and changed quite a bit since our teardrop roots! And he has been there every bit if the way. He still will command the CRA event, which takes place this Sept and every other year. I hope I can step in his shoes and perform my duties as well as Kurt has done in the past!
Ok…Tippecanoe! We are trying something a little different at this event. You may remember at Shakamak last fall we had a bit of an issue with the parks employees asking us to Not hold our sometimes daily gatherings, such as wine and cheese, and the pitch in dinner, on a part of the property which is public, such as a stretch of grass or other public accessible area. And they insisted we get a permit each time for such gatherings. We held our private gatherings in May at Raccoon between campsites with No such trouble, so it may have been an over zealous employee enforcing a very little known and/or enforced rule about where we can do this.
At Tippecanoe we reserved a site, 103 I believe… for Fri and Sat nights private gatherings, where no one will camp, where we can have our food tables, campfires, etc without holding them on a public stretch of property. I know what your are thinking…Why go to this extra effort and expense
When we’ve been doing it our other way for so long. But after the tongue lashing we got at Shakamak we thought we would try it. We discussed this last fall and most of you offered to donate what ever you can to us to offset the reservation expense.
So….Laura and I will be in site 109 to start us off. Let the discussion begin!
Dantheman
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Midwest