Shiveree 4

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Jst83 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Rich wrote:I too am a maybe, if the roads are good I will make it, don't want to take the tear out in roads that are to bad. The temperature doesn't really matter.

Rich

Nope no reason for anyone to try and pull on bad roads, I'd rather see everyone at the summer gatherings than risk it. But Like Bob said we've been real lucky and only had the cold but that's easy to work around.

I'll see everyone there cause the weather is gonna be fine until the week after the gathering then it will get bad. :thumbsup:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:57 am

As a life long Hoosier the first half of January can be bitter cold but there is generally little chance of heavy snow unless we get a real mild spell. I remember hitting the brakes to leave the park after the 09 shivaree and sliding past the turn. Wheeee! However the roads were well maintained and were fine. Early that Sunday morning as I lay in my nice warm teardrop (with the see thru roof) I watched these giant snow flakes drift towards us only to explode on impact on the lexan. This was a moment in time I will never forget. :)

P.S. We really do need a little snow on the ground it just wouldn't be a shivaree without it.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Karl » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:51 pm

If I can get someone to watch my daughter, I'll be there...maybe on that Friday! I need to try out my Santa hat plus my Hawaiian shorts and shirt before my winter gathering in HELL. If you haven't seen my anouncement, please go to http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/viewt ... highlight= or http://tnttt.com/viewto ... highlight=

I hope to see all of you in January at Mounds and perhaps a few of you at my gathering in February.
Karl
Tear Jerkers Director - Great Lakes Chapter
Karl
Silver Donating Member

Hope to be there

Postby shortgmanp » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:32 pm

I will try my best to be there. Weather, health and grandson permitting. This has been the first year for the teardrop, and my wife and I love it. I dought she will make the trip, but I am up for it. Im excited already. Greg P :applause:
I am a workaholic that loves a good challenge. It will also give my dad and me a good project to work on together. I plan on putting several miles on this teardrop, so I want to build it right.
shortgmanp
Teardrop Master

Postby roadmaven » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:24 pm

Just thought I'd bring this thread to life and mention:

24 days to go!!

:applause:
roadmaven
Teardrop Master

Postby 2KIRKS » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:41 pm

I'm still thinking about it!

Pat...where you buy your trailer?
nites camped 2012 - 1
nites camped 2011 - 0
nites camped 2010 - 21
nites camped 2009 - 35
2KIRKS
Teardrop Master

Postby Jst83 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:25 pm

I really thought with all the snow we're getting that people were getting cold feet and that this was a dead thread :lol:
My only hope is that the snow melts off and i can get my tear out from behind my mothers barn in the country where i pulled it after the last gathering, fully meaning to get it in the barn then all the back issues came up and that never happened. So there it sits all snow covered :( I have a real fear that great damage is being done to it and all my plywood is gonna delamanate cause of the fall rain and now the snow. It already had some spots that were cracked in the paint.

On the up side Amy is already redesigning the entire thing in her head, she said this time she wants more input in the design. So if to much damage has happened I'll live with it through the summer then next winter it will get a complete tear down to the frame, and she's already aware this might happen :twisted:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby TimJones » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:22 pm

Still planning on going not sure where yet, but if it happens I will be there
Tim and Judy
------------------------
TimJones
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:50 am

WOW ! 3 more weeks.

I was having seperation anxiety yesterday and went out and plugged in the teardrop and turned on the heater and took about a 2 hour nap.

It was supposed to be a quick peek in to see if there were any problems but it looked so inviting and with the sun thru the roof it was 50 plus inside before I turned on the heater.

Guess we are ready for yet another Shivaree.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Jst83 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:25 am

bobhenry wrote:Hey Scott I am correct in that we will be at Mounds again this year ??????

$11.00 a night plus the sales tax so bring some loose change with ya.

Mister ranger just drives by and collects and has little change on him so better to come prepared with near correct change.

http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/files/mounds_electric.pdf

We were on 8-13 and 54-57 last year. It kept us away from the cold , cold lake breezes and there is a tree line behind 8 -13 that blocked the prevailing winds a bit.

Yep Mounds State park in Anderson Indiana

:thinking: Last year we were on the 27-34 area cause we were closer to the PT, it's the site they plowed for us.

I really need to make a trip out and check on mine and see what shape it's in and if it's gonna come out from behind the barn :worship:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:36 am

OOPS ! getting my years crossed up huh ?
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby roadmaven » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:46 pm

We're now within the 15 day forecast! :applause:

Friday, January 14: Mostly sunny, high 29, low 11 I'll take that!
roadmaven
Teardrop Master

Postby Jst83 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:58 pm

Gonna be a wonderful weekend for camping, I'm gonna head out this weekend and make sure the camper is in a spot that can be pulled out for that weekend. I'm ready :applause:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby taberella » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:39 am

Tom and I are planning on coming over Saturday morning (roads permitting) and spending the night. Last year we just dropped by for a quick visit, and we've been looking forward to this ever since!

Are there any food plans???? HINT: I make a wonderful large-quantity Puppy Breath Chili (International winning recipe in 1997). It has everything from ground beef to ground buffalo to bacon, beef steak and pork steak, and all kinds of beans and broths! Usally I make it for 25 people or more . . . . and heat it in the outdoor propane turkery cooker. Does anyone want to give the go-ahead on this plan??? Ella :thumbsup:
Ella, traveling in the T@BERELLA with husband Tom.
taberella
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Jst83 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Chili is always good, welcome Ella to the forum and our little gathering. as far as food goes we generally do a little pitch in that Sat night. Last year we had a couple picnic tables in the tent and sat around and watched the Colts in the playoffs. I did some deep fried scotch eggs and probably will again this year.

Look forward to seeing you then.

So we should start a head count of thoughs still planning on attending, weather permitting of Coarse

15 Days :applause:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest