Turkey Run Gathering May 18-19 (Spring Mill)

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Claw » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:05 pm

Rob Thanks for the link to Sugar Valley Canoe.

Being on the river sounds like a good Saturday Morning activity. :thumbsup:

I was considering the # 4 trip 3 1/2 -5 hour and renting a kayak, the covered bridges would be fun to go under. Anybody else considering a specific trip? :thinking:

JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Jst83 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:29 pm

:thumbsup: That's the one I'm planing to take also.

Scott
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby 48Rob » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:33 pm

That sounds like a good trip.
I'll likely sign up, but want to wait to see what the weather will be like, and how deep the water is...

Lots of fun and relaxation to be had, but if the water is low...pulling the boat over the gravel beds gets old after a couple hours...and eleven miles of it... :(

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Sugar Valley

Postby Ramblerfan » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:00 pm

Rob, thanks for posting the link on Sugar Valley. We always go with them when we canoe. I would suggest getting over there and reserving your trip early in the day. Depending on the weather, they could get really busy later in the day. If I remember correctly, they will haul your own canoe for a fee if there is room. We thought it was easier to just use their canoes and not hassle with our own. They also have a nice little water slide at the same location with consessions. Remember, for those of us who don't canoe often "don't take anything with you that you can't afford to loose" ! We may try and take a trip down there that weekend and check out all the teardrops. Maybe that would spur the wife on to want one !
Ramblerfan
Teardrop Inspector

Postby 48Rob » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:39 pm

You're welcome!

We do too.

Tried the aluminum canoes once 20 some years ago, but didn't care for them, or the general attitude of the business.
That's probably changed, but the canoes are still aluminum...and still create an awful grating sound that destroys the serenity of the valley as they grind across the rocks, kind of like fingernails on a chalkboard!

Sugar Valley has become our favorite.
I'm not sure which is most exciting, riding the rapids, or clinging to the seat in the bus as the driver races to the drop off point at what seems like top speed...on gravel roads with hills and curves :?

They had a great water slide/park set up, but closed it several years back...unless they opened it up again?

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Jst83 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:31 pm

Site update

Site 251 has been booked. Was it by anyone on here?

Last edited by Jst83 on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Sugar Valley

Postby Ramblerfan » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:01 am

Thanks Rob, We go by there on our way to Raccoon Lake about every other week. I didn't realize that the slide was closed. Too bad if it is. That was really a nice thing. Sounds like the snack bar is open though.
Ramblerfan
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:10 am

Jst83 wrote:Site update

Scott, nobody I'm aware of. :thinking:
I hope Jim is nice to them. :lol: :o

Good turn out so far. :applause: (15) for sure with 18 potential maybe more, it's only January. ;)
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Claw » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:58 pm

Kurt I am nice to everybody unless they have a barking dog! :roll:
A great turnout is really shaping up :applause:

They way I am reading the posts about canoeing am I correct in feeling we will do alright by waiting till we get there to reserve a canoe/kayak?
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Route66 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:40 pm

48Rob wrote:...as long as you were in COMPLETE CONTROL 100% of the time. :worship: . . .

haha - Thanks Rob

How did you know he was a Black Lab? We're looking forward to a nice quiet weekend without him !!

(besides . . . where would we sleep ?)

Mike

Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in . . . - Mark Twain :)
Route66
Teardrop Master

Postby 48Rob » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:44 pm

Mike,

Thanks for your understanding...

My favorite dog was a black lab.
Had him around my early 20's, great pal, great personality, but he was at times vocal...
Now that I'm married, have children and a home in a place that dogs are not allowed to run outside... we have a couple cats.
Okay as pets, but shed all over everything...in cat years, they're getting pretty old, so not much longer till the torture is over!

Claw,

I think you'd be safe to wait.
We'll still be early in the season, most of the heavy traffic is after school lets out in early June.

Rob
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

MIDWEST GATHERING TURKEY RUN-SITE 251

Postby MariahSunset » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:53 pm

Hello to all, my first time to post. We have a new Camp Inn ordered for pickup in early May, and Turkey Run will be our first outting. We are new to teardrop traveling, and can't wait to get started. We may have lots of questions for all of you veterans, beware. So you can put down David and Rebecca Merritt aka: Mariah Sunset
2007 Camp-Inn 550 Ultra SUV #0183
MariahSunset
Teardrop Builder

Re: MIDWEST GATHERING TURKEY RUN-SITE 251

Postby Jst83 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:57 pm

MariahSunset wrote:Site 251 has been booked. Was it by anyone on here?

Hello to all, my first time to post. We have a new Camp Inn ordered for pickup in early May, and Turkey Run will be our first outting. We are new to teardrop traveling, and can't wait to get started. We may have lots of questions for all of you veterans, beware. So you can put down David and Rebecca Merritt aka: Mariah Sunset

Welcome David and Rebecca, Are you booked on site 251 or maybe 245?

Site 245 has now been booked

There going fast book now while you can :D

Scott
Last edited by Jst83 on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby 48Rob » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:48 pm

Dave and Rebecca,

Welcome!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Rob :thumbsup:
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

TURKEY RUN

Postby MariahSunset » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:45 pm

We booked site # 251, thanks for the welcome.
2007 Camp-Inn 550 Ultra SUV #0183
MariahSunset
Teardrop Builder

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest