Eastern Wisconsin campout

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby elmo » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:27 pm

April 28-29 works for me! :thumbsup:
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
elmo
Donating Member

Postby Claw » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:34 pm

I see there is a committed date and location for a gathering in western Indiana on May 18-19.

Someone needs to make a date choice and then let everyone else work out their calendar. If Tom is willing, I say we allow him to take the lead on this since it is in his "backyard", and then the rest of us accept his choice for a date.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Betsey » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:39 pm

How about the 28-29 of April.

Okay by us but I heard that Wisconsin's winter has been pushed back and is tentatively scheduled for the month of April :lol:

We like winter camping, complete with snow caves!

Betsey :)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby duke » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:55 pm

Count me in for what ever date...only possible conflict would be Mum's day....

I could use some motivation after the holidays.

ELMO.....I liked your idea for Boulder Lake - nice campground, big group sites that are virtually deserted after the spring rafting season, very quiet except for the "big"camping weekends....Might be a good possible site for a future get together... Our "cottage" (trailer) is on the north shore of Boulder at Echo Valley Resort. Stop by # 478 for a beer next time you're up that way..
There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life that he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure. - Mark Twain
Image.Image
duke
Teardrop Master

Postby elmo » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:42 pm

duke wrote:Count me in for what ever date...only possible conflict would be Mum's day....

I could use some motivation after the holidays.

ELMO.....I liked your idea for Boulder Lake - nice campground, big group sites that are virtually deserted after the spring rafting season, very quiet except for the "big"camping weekends....Might be a good possible site for a future get together... Our "cottage" (trailer) is on the north shore of Boulder at Echo Valley Resort. Stop by # 478 for a beer next time you're up that way..

I go up there probally 4-5 times a year. Probally one of my favorite campgrounds. Always get a lake site!!!

Been in Echo Valley a couple of times on a bicycle or motorcycle, mainly to get away from the in-laws if they come up. :beer:
elmo
Donating Member

Postby TLC » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:43 pm

To all concerned:
I took the lead and commited to 4/27 to 4/29 at Cliffside Park. I reserved site #40 back in the wooded part of the campground. Make your reservations close to that site. I figure if it is a little chilly then the trees will afford some protection. At least one person had a problem with every weekend in May we picked, and June is the ITG. So I moved it up to April. I hope everyone is OK with that. You can make your reservations online by going here: www.visitracine.org and clicking on: Campground reservations. Or you can call on the land line at 1-800-272-2463
There is a problem with the directions they say to get to the campground as Seven Mile Road is closed due to reconstruction of a RR crossing. I'll post an alternate route as we get closer to the date.
I hope to see you all there. Let's make it a good one! :applause:
Tom
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby riverfront » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:30 pm

What is the closest town to this gathering?
Bruce
riverfront
Teardrop Master

Postby Claw » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:13 pm

Booked site #41! :thumbsup: for Friday and Saturday night
Thanks for taking the lead on this Tom :applause:

Bruce.
The campground is north of the town of Racine, WI right on Lake Michigan. Racine is between Chicago and Milwaukee. Maybe 1 1/2 - 2hours from Rockford. I will take IL route 173 east to route 31 north just because it is the most direct for me. I bet it wouldn't be more than a couple hours maybe three from Sterling, 88-294/94 depending on the time you travel. When are you planning to come up?

Duke
Glad to hear from you. How is the build coming along?
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby TLC » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:21 pm

What is the closest town to this gathering?

Bruce:
Cliffside is between Milwaukee and Racine right along Lake Michigan. If you come up I-94 you'd exit at Seven Mile road and go east. I'll post better directions later. Maybe they will have the RR crossing fixed by then.
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby TLC » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:26 pm

Those of you coming up from IL might want to stop at HWY 20 and I-94 at the Burlington RV superstore. They have a real good selection of parts and accessories. And it's just a couple miles from Cliffside
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby BrwBier » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:07 am

Does anyone have a description of the sites in the area you have reserved. The map is hard to read online or printed out. Would good sites be higher numbers or across the road or lower numbers?
Brwbier
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby elmo » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:46 am

BrwBier wrote:Does anyone have a description of the sites in the area you have reserved. The map is hard to read online or printed out. Would good sites be higher numbers or across the road or lower numbers?
Brwbier

The inside sites have water! The outside or higher # have not!

Looks like more tree cover on the higher #'s also and no one behind us!
elmo
Donating Member

Postby TLC » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:01 am

BrwBier wrote:
Does anyone have a description of the sites in the area you have reserved. The map is hard to read online or printed out. Would good sites be higher numbers or across the road or lower numbers?
Brwbier

Sites 39,37,35,33 are electric only Sites 38,36,34 are electric and water. All are in the heavily wooded part of the campground. And the price is the same for all of them.

Tom :D
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby riverfront » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:38 am

Claw & TLC, Thanks for the info! Been up that way many times over the years, esp. to the outlet centers in that area.

Probably come up Saturday sometime for a couple of hours and look arround. This should be a blast!
Bruce
riverfront
Teardrop Master

Postby TLC » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:22 pm

Bruce:
Glad to have you and we're looking forward to meeting you.

Tom :shake hands:
TLC
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest