Cooler near the lake VII

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Re: Cooler near the lake VII

Postby Gary and Cheri » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:52 pm

Super Dennis. It is a real pain when you try to have breakfast but can't get into the shelter until the office opens and gives you the key at 9 AM on Saturday. Plus you just saved us $100 :money: :money: :money: if your Friday temperature predictions are a little off. :snowstorm:

Gary
" I started out with nothing and I have most of it left." Groucho Marx

With each grey hair I'm another step closer to becoming a wizard!
Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby OuttaHand » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Gary and Cheri wrote:Kevon,

That just means you will need to join Steve, Cheri and myself (+Dawn?) on Thursday.

Geocaching, absolutely. I would never have known about those Indian mounds if not for what we did last year. This is one of those things that I have been looking forward to doing with you again.

Gary

I'd love to go up early! Problem is: I can't drive. :cry:
The state of WI figures a half-blind guy probably shouldn't operate a vehicle on public roads. I guess I can't argue with them too much on that one.

I really doubt that I could tow the "Little Tow" about 100 miles with my bicycle.
(Heck -- I couldn't haul MYSELF 100 miles on my bicycle!) So we'll be coming up on Saturday morning. I'm taking off work Friday to get everything packed and rady. That means we should be able to hit the road around 9:00 or so. That puts us in camp around 10:45 - 11:00. We'll get set up, have lunch, and get the GPS rady for caching!
Teardrop newbie but camping "oldster"
OuttaHand
Teardrop Master

Postby Gary and Cheri » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Sounds like I won't be pushing away to fast from the great breakfast we normally have on a Saturday morning. Maybe it will be breakfast followed by hike the beach on Saturday morning.

Gary

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby dwe » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:28 pm

I would hope the trailer would be done by Cooler. That is 3 months away. I have most of the purchased parts already.
If Your Dream Doesn't Scare You, It Isn't Big Enough!
dwe
Teardrop Master

Postby cs_whypt2 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Hello All -

Luke and I will attempt to make it : ]
I just have to talk to Luke to make sure it is all okay.

Dianne
And of corse all of the mutts.
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby Gary and Cheri » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:06 pm

And they say Dog Days are in Summer but we know better as they are really at the end of April in a campground near Sheboygan.

Great to hear you and Luke are coming, Diane. Let us know what your site is when you get one. This puts us up to 16 campers. :P

Gary

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby Pizzaguy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:27 pm

If I can make it I MIGHT be there.It would be great to visit with Steve, Gary & Cheri, and of course Jack & Diane (or is it Grant & Diane) again. If I were to just show up what are the odds I'd get a camping site without a reservation?

Bruce
Pizzaguy
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:30 pm

Hey Bruce! You will for sure get a site. It just may not be in the area we are. There is a second loop that never fills up, so even last minute you can get in. It is just a little walk over to where we are. Hope you can make it.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Bkcreation34 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:29 pm

I would like to go I never did this one I did the one last year up north in Wisconsin the one for CAMP INN, I am not sure if this is the same group or not that I all met last year but let me know what I have to do to get on the list and how to sign up. I am itching to go camping and with all the snow I cannot wait to get out camping again. I met so many nice people last year at the Gathering the one Betsey put on for Camp inn.
Bkcreation34
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:42 pm

We would love to have you. Many of us attending, camped at the Camp Inn Camp Out with Betsey and Craig. This is a nice way to start the camping season and we have the shelter rented to protection us from the weather if it gets cold! If you check Gary's list, you will see what sites our group is in. See ya round the fire!

Steve

Camping sites can be registered here at reserveamerica - http://wisconsinstateparks.reserveameri ... kCode=kohl
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Bkcreation34 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:11 pm

I just booked my site for Kohler for the April 26th Through April 28th I am on site 033
I am looking forward to it. I cannot wait to get out camping again The winter cannot be over any faster.
Bkcreation34
Teardrop Master

Postby RioWilson » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Bkcreation34 wrote:The winter cannot be over any faster.

You're not kidding!!! Looking forward to some spring camping as I watch it snowing out again... :cry:
RioWilson
Teardrop Master

Postby Gary and Cheri » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:26 pm

My wife and I were born 1 year and 6 days apart. I'm just getting home from celebrating with our kids up at our cottage so we have been gone since last Wednesday.

Bruce, you will love this park. Your camera will go crazy. Bring extra SD cards. :pictures:

For those of you that have not met the Pizza Guy, Bruce is a fantastic photographer shooting tons of pictures of the St. Paul / Minneapolis area. He takes incredible swan pictures and posts new stuff almost daily on Face Book. If you have ever met a guy with a flying swan on the hatch of his tear you have met Bruce. Oh, and he actually does make pizza. I sure hope you can make it as it has been awhile.

As Steve says the park will not fill up but our loop will. The next loop over will not be more than half full and we already have one of us over there.

Bkcreation34 welcome. While it has never actually snowed at Cooler we have had smaller piles of unmelted snow in the parking lot. That is why having the shelter with huge fireplace has been so important. :campfire: Our trailers are very warm but we need to stretch and the shelter makes all the difference this time of year. Yes, many of us are the same people who attended CampInn Campoutt this past year.

Gary
Last edited by Gary and Cheri on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby Gary and Cheri » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:37 pm

We are now 16 officially strong with several probables waiting in the wings. :thumbsup:

1. BrwBier (Bob) - 013
2. Gary and Cheri (Finnegan) - 009*
3. Wanna Be (Lynn and Trooper) - 084
4. Dan and Suzi Galvin - 032
5. Tearhead (Pat and Mark) - 008
6. Outtahand (Kevon and Annette) - 011
7. gdpipkorn (Grant & Diane) - 017
8. Woodbutcher (Steve)+(Marley) - 010*
9. Ptomaine (Tom and Henry) - 012
10. sherryk - 006
11. RioWilson (Mike and Michelle) - 022
12. flygal6 (Carol, Sue and Brutus) - 016
13. Duke and Laurie - 005
14. Glenn and Opal - 014
15. DWE (Dennis and Cheryl) - 034
16. Bkcreation34 (Brian) - 033
17. cs_whypt2 (Dianne, Luke and many dogs) - 088

Still spaces that are open in the first loop, but also I would look seriously about those spots that are in the second loop but next to the first loop. These are actually closer to most of our group than some of the still available spots in the first loop.

Reservations can be made here: http://wisconsinstateparks.reserveameri ... kCode=kohl

Gary
Last edited by Gary and Cheri on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby Bkcreation34 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:48 am

Thanks Gary,

And by the way my name is Brian I see on the list there is screen names and then there names after that so I want to include mine as well. I have some finish touches to do on my CT and I am looking forward to April for my first trip of the season. Do alot of you sign up for the ones out of state as well like the one in Indiana also?

Brian
Bkcreation34
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest