Mid Mo---pictures added

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby ARKPAT » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:24 am

Julie Yep!
Table Rock is great and you might try Roaring River if you like to fish and camp.

If you close enough to Eureka Springs and Branson area to window shop and add some more bling-blings. ;)

It not to far of a drive down I-44 from OKC.

:thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Rich S » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:24 am

I am sure Mary will bring her dog. She named her candy. I think because the cat wants to eat her. She should be all the way up to two pounds by the time of the campout.
As far as caves, Ozark Caverns is closed this time of year. There other tour caves not to far away if anyone wants to go. I can probably get us into a wild cave or two. You will need proper clothing,boots, hardhat and at least 3 sources of light. The only problem would be cleaning up. We will have access to water but the shower will be closed. Let me know what you think.
Rich
Rich S
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Bill P » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:59 pm

I look forward to seeing all the familiar faces, and new ones, in February.

Gary, I agree with you on the MO Parks reservation system. It took me 30 minutes to figure out how to reserve a spot. Of course it could be that I'm just plain stupid to boot.

Mary, I am looking forward to seeing the Pup. 2 lbs!!! That means she's probably tripled her weight since October. I swear, I've never seen a tinier dog. She was cute in her little Santa suit.

Bill
"Life is hard trooper. It's even harder if you're stupid"...Captain York"

Bill P
Donating Member

Postby Darren » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:37 pm

I'll be at site 157. :D
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:59 pm

Mary
My son has a new puppy too but it's the other extreme. Weighed 35 lbs at 8 weeks. I keep telling him that dogs don't weigh that much at 8 weeks it's a pony pretending to be a dog.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby Catoosa Grani » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:20 pm

Gary, what kind of dog does your son have? (or pony)

Betty
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:15 pm

Granni it's a Mastaff. They were roman war dogs but the adult male he has is a big fraidy cat. He doesn't know that he is big.
GAry
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby Bill P » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:24 pm

I'm imagining what it must be like to clean up after a full grown Mastiff. Yikes!!

I'll bet Rich and Mary can pick up Candy's poop with a gum-wrapper.

Bill
"Life is hard trooper. It's even harder if you're stupid"...Captain York"

Bill P
Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:42 pm

I had to take the pup into town today to meet Matt's girl friend so she could take it to the vet. Darn thing is 3 months old and weighs 45 lbs now. It's like trying to hold a 5 year old with the wiggles while it licks both my ears and chews on my beard. :shock: It's cute and loveable in a overgrown sorta way.
Gary
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby Catoosa Grani » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:11 pm

Now, I don't suppose you are going to bring it to the campout are you?
It might be a little crowded in the TD.
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby exminnesotaboy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:56 pm

It is Kathy's oldest sons bday that weekend and we thought we may have to stay home, but it looks like he will be going out of town to spend it with his friends. Of course that may change......... but in the meantime, we have spot 137 reserved
exminnesotaboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Rich S » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:41 am

I am glad to see the responce so far. I think everyone will like the park.
I checked the weather channel for the average temp on those days. It looks like mid 50s on the high and 30 on the low. We all know that this can change but we will just have to wait and see what happens.
In a few weeks we will start seeing what everyone wants to make to eat.
If anyone is thinking about coming but is not sure untill a late date there are plenty of sites. There is a large amount of first come sites. So there is no excuse of no sites available.
If anyone has a handicap sticker site 136 is a handicap site. It would also be a great site for the pot luck. It is about twice as large as all the other sites. If I read the rules right we can use it if nobody else uses it on those days.
All I need to do now is put my camper back together from the wind in Nevada.

Rich :thumbsup:
Rich S
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Catoosa Grani » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:18 pm

Hey Rich, what happened in Nevada? Guess I missed something.

Betty
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:08 pm

Okay....someone twisted my arm..... or something made me looks at Google maps and I see that it is right at a 6 hour drive ... i've done that before , no problem. Have time to take off work... so I guess there's no other excuse left.. But the thing I can't plan on is the weather between here and there.

So if I don't reserve a spot, can I decide that week and still camp witchya!??
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Rich S » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:08 am

Betty, It was so windy in Nevada that several of us had the hatches blow off. I also had my ez up bent up pretty bad. I have not done anything to it since the trip. I need to get busy.
Julie, there should be no problem getting a site. At least I hope. There is 8 first come sites right next to the reserved sites that we are at. They are sites 140-147. Also if I read correct if a reserved site is not reserved you can use it. Mary and I went back the other day when it was 60 and only one person was camped in the whole park.
I can not figure out how to put up the campground map. If someone else knows how to do it feel free to take a shot at it. It is section 4 at the north end.
Rich
Rich S
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to North Central