Kansas - Crawford State Park 2010 - Sept 24-26

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Grocery store

Postby lwbittle » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:09 pm

Wondering if there is a grocery store in Girard. I want to use my Cavalier as a puller and need to hold off on the weight so need to take on supplies after we get there. If not, it is not too far to Ft. Scott.
Nothing is ever simple.....
lwbittle
Teardrop Builder

Re: Grocery store

Postby WarPony » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:40 pm

lwbittle wrote:Wondering if there is a grocery store in Girard. I want to use my Cavalier as a puller and need to hold off on the weight so need to take on supplies after we get there. If not, it is not too far to Ft. Scott.

Don't know about Girard but Ft. Scott has a Wally World that's about 15 or 20 miles from camp.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:49 pm

Both Girard and Ft. Scott have grocery stores. Girard's is West of K-7 a couple of blocks and they also have a 'forgot the name' but a catch all store with canned good, chips and stuff just as you come in E on 47.

Iola and Yates Center also have grocery stores... :thinking:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby lwbittle » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:36 am

Miriam C. wrote:Both Girard and Ft. Scott have grocery stores. Girard's is West of K-7 a couple of blocks and they also have a 'forgot the name' but a catch all store with canned good, chips and stuff just as you come in E on 47.

Iola and Yates Center also have grocery stores... :thinking:

Thanks. Getting the tear ready. Poor old thing needs some attention. The paint is checking and some of the chalk needs help. But I think it will make the weekend ok. :worship:
lwbittle
Teardrop Builder

Postby WarPony » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:15 pm

What do I need for the breakfast on Saturday morning? I'll bring eggs, hashbrowns, cheese, onions.......... whatever. For the potluck, I've seen Tattoo Bob is making some red beans and rice but haven't seen or remember what anyone else is bringing. I'll bring my smoker and do a pork butt or a turkey breast(s) to add to the feast. Hey, I can even bring the silver ware or plates/bowls, if need be.

Let me know with a quickness so I can get the supplies gathered up. Anna will be gone for the next couple of nights so I will have to get the Widget ready for battle by myself.

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Crawford

Postby Mrs Rayvillian » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:45 am

I already have the sausage/cheese/potatoes .... I think Jeannie had mentioned she was bringing the eggs. Gary is making bread dough for the cinnamon rolls ... so that is covered too! Looking forward to seeing everyone ..... hopefully it will dry up .... had quite a storm all night. Trudy
Mrs Rayvillian
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:52 am

First, thank you all for the well wishes for mom. She is improving rapidly. Surgery was a breeze and she is now missing a couple inches of intestines. All should be better..

Second my truck won't be fixed till Monday! :cry: I won't be able to take the camper up. I will try to get the logs up. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby okiecamper » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:19 am

Jeff,

I think me and Jeannie are bringing bacon

and I'm bringing buscuits and Rickxr is bringing gravey

thanks

Phiil
there are many storms in life that come our way
the trick is learning to "dance in the rain."

May the apple of your eye see only good
May God make smooth the path before you.
okiecamper
The 300 Club

Postby Darren » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:37 am

I'm bringing 3 lbs of sausage for breakfast. I could use help cooking it all up if anyone wants to. :D
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby lwbittle » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:32 pm

Victor Star wrote:I'm bringing 3 lbs of sausage for breakfast. I could use help cooking it all up if anyone wants to. :D

We are bringing a 42 (25-30 real cups) cup coffee maker. Is anyone bringing juice? If not we will. Anything else we need? From what I read, we are gonna have a whale of a breakfast! :picnic:
lwbittle
Teardrop Builder

Postby WarPony » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:09 pm

I'm bringing an 8-pound turkey breast for Saturday night. Darren, I'll help cook the sausage on Saturday.......... :thumbsup:

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Kevin & Sandy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:44 pm

We can bring juice and plan on making an apple coffee cake in the DO for Sat morning.

I think I'll make a DO chicken pot pie and cinnamon apples for Sat nite. (OR if we already have a turkey breast being prepared, I could make a wicked beef stew with dumplings, whaddya think???)

Can you tell my apple tree runneth over???
Kevin & Sandy
The 300 Club

Postby WarPony » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:30 pm

Kevin & Sandy wrote:...I think I'll make a DO chicken pot pie and cinnamon apples for Sat nite...

Holy smokes, have you been peeking into my "wish list" for the weekend?!?! I'll be the first one to rip into that cinnamon apple bowl......... please make :worship:

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Nathan N » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:24 am

We sure won't lose any weight this weekend! :lol:
Sounds like a great feast.

You guys heading out today have a safe trip and don't eat too much chicken tonight.

Nathan
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby Darren » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:25 am

I'm all loaded up, just need to hook up and go. I'm bringing a rake to knock down the spiders and clean up the fire pit area. Also bringing the weather alert radio, some rain in the forecast for tonight but really nice the rest of the weekend. I'm thinking I'll head out at 11:30.

SmokeyBob - PM me your phone number and I'll get those mugs to you. How's Judith doing?
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

PreviousNext

Return to North Central