MO-KAN gathering at Clinton Lake, KS on Sept. 10-11, 2005

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Waliczek » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:12 pm

Well, I was planning a trip to Clinton this weekend to do a little fishing and relaxing, and to reserve my spot for the 9th 10th and 11th of Sept. But It is raining like crazy here, 1:10 PM, 2 1/2" so far past 24 hours, I decided not to go.I will be going in Sept However. Some bad news, I opened the back of my trailer, to check for leakage, and I have a leak in the lower compartment somewhere. Bottom floor of the Galley got wet, and Started to delaminate. Don't know if I'll have time to fix that in time, So I'll cover it with a piece of carpet. Don't nobody ask to see under there. Going to go next week, If not, then I will try to the Reserve America Route.
Tom
"Toys"--2003 Dodge Dakota--TT Rimple"Gypsy"--1955 Boles Aero Travel Trailer--2002 Sweetwater 20' Pontoon--1982 22' Mcgregor sailboat..
Waliczek
Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:50 am

Tom

Glad that you are going to make it. I've been looking forward to seeing your tear and meeting you. At least the Reserveamerica site doesn't charge to reserve a camp slot like MO state parks do. They charge $8.50 a night to reserve one and you don't get that back if you cancel. Unforunately most of MO stateparks are 75% resevrable, or more, and they won't let you take a resevrable slot till the non-reserves are full.

We camped at Watkins Mill this week end and had a leak on the front window. The weep hole plug at the top of the window leaked and I forgot to pull the ones out of the bottom, bad combination. After fighting it for about an hour in a down pour the rain slowed down enough to figure out the problem. Piece of ducttape and pulled the bottom plugs fixed it.

Looking forward to seeing you at Clinton.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby Waliczek » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:05 pm

Hi Gary,
God bless Duct Tape. I will be getting in later on Friday, After I get finished with the golf tournement. I am thinking about 6 ish.
See you there.
Tom
"Toys"--2003 Dodge Dakota--TT Rimple"Gypsy"--1955 Boles Aero Travel Trailer--2002 Sweetwater 20' Pontoon--1982 22' Mcgregor sailboat..
Waliczek
Donating Member

okie here!

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:47 am

Hey you mo-kan campers! I am near Oklahoma City, and have the teardrop , my BREDBOX, on paper only right now. Might have a trailer by then but that would be hard to sleep on , without a good floor and walls....

I might just drive up Saturday and tent camp one night with y'all, if you don't mind it so I can get some straight skinny and some photos of some great teardroppers!!!

Is it Dave that is also tent camping? Might we both be able to pitch a tent on one spot? No midnight scavenges I promise!! haha .
Don't know if my son or sons will come with me or not. They are 15 & 16.

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby WarPony » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:06 pm

Yes, Jewel-lee. (Hee hee, had to do it!) You can actually pitch two tents on one site. Come on up and have a big time with us!! You'll probably change your mind on several things after you see some different tears in person. I know I did after I got to Minden.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby DestinDave » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:11 pm

Julie, Jeff... I am the king of procrastinate.....

Jeff, your bag of bronze wool is still sitting here on my desk. Would you like me to post a picture of it? :lol: Actually, just yesterday I asked my wife to pick up a mailer envelope so I could get it out to you... Any day now.

Julie, I never got around to checking Clinton Lake campground rules about doubling up on one site but obviously Jeff has or already knew the answer. As of now I'm still planning on going and you are welcome to pitch a tent, pitch pennies, or pitch a hissy-fit on the site. If for some reason I'm not able to make it over that weekend you can have my site and I'll give you the reservation number and details.

Now it's up to you two to hold me to these statements. Once I say I'm going to do something I am no longer responsible for the issue... :lol:
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby Waliczek » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:26 pm

I spent this Sat and Sat night at Clinto, and I now have reservations for Fri. Nite, 9th, and Sat Nite the 10th, Leaving about 11:00 on Sunday Morning. I was able to get site #177. See you folks there.
Tom
Waliczek
Donating Member

Postby Waliczek » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:15 pm

I really must have had too much fun. I meant to say that I had reserved #277, not 177.
Waliczek
Donating Member

Postby s4son » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:19 pm

Here's the latest. This is shaping up to be a fun weekend.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:21 pm

Hey y'all.... when I come up there that weekend, no teardrop yet. But there's a chance that my new friend (boyfriend?) might wanna come too and we could use his fifth wheel. I haven't looked at the map but can you tell me if there is any of that type camping spots close to where you all will be. Or maybe we could stay in another spot and just come over and visit with you all during the day and supper...

I'm going to try to make it one way or another ! camping or not!!
haha

Are there any plans or theme for a potluck Sat. night dinner or anything like that that I should plan for?

Thanks !!!
Julie
future builder/owner of the "BREDBOX"
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:41 pm

Julie
I just checked the reserveamerica site and 270 is open as well as 283 and 284. In the site it looks like these are wider slots and listed as 30amp service and good for 60 ft vehicle so the 5th wheel should fit. 270 is right behind where Scott and Dave are. Here's the link if you want to reserve the slot.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/jsp/commo ... index.html

Hope to see ya there.
Gary
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby DestinDave » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:59 pm

Julie, I'm not going to be able to make it to Clinton Lake. If you would like, you can have my site. I will call or e-mail someone and make sure it is okay - I'm sure it would be okay. Let me know and I'll forward the registration number and any information you might need to get in. Dave
Reality? What a concept!
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby s4son » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:16 pm

Dave,
Sorry to hear you're not going to make it next week end. We'll have to plan something on the east side next year. Lots of great stuff to see and doin your neck of the woods.

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:18 am

Dave
Sorry you can't make it. Was looking forward to seein more of you than I got to at Mendin. Well not really more just more time. There is a gathering somewhere in Illinois I think that is the week before or after Clinton, I think, fuzzy on details. Maybe we can combine with them next year and hit some where in the middle.

Watch for the Spirit of Independence coming down the Missouri some time in the near future. She's a fourty foot sailing yaht built in down town Independence. The guy is going down the rivers to the Gulf than over to someplace in South Carolina to start a sailing charter business. I've watched him build her, seem forever. They launched her last night.

Gary
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby DestinDave » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:28 pm

Scott & Gary - I was looking forward to it also - This weekend we're tearing down a roof on my in-laws' garage and rebuilding that. Next week I decided to forego the trip and donate the money instead to the Red Cross. The following week is our company end-of-season party. The week after that is the high-school football rivalry in Louisville KY that I make whenever I can. Huge game that draws 35 or 36 thousand people. And then next week after that my niece in Louisville is getting married. Busy month and a half...

I'm actually at mile 221 on the Mississippi, upriver from the Missouri - so won't get to see her pass by. I would love to see her though - maybe there's a website or blog that the owner is maintaining. I'll try and find out...
Reality? What a concept!
DestinDave
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to North Central